1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Look what Cabellas did

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Ahab, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Look what Cabela's did.....

NEW TAX THAT WASHINGTON THIEVES SAID WOULD NOT COME, AND YET HERE IT IS.

WONDER WHAT THEY WILL DO TO CABELA'S FOR SHOWING IT ON THE RECEIPTS THEY HAND TO THEIR CUSTOMERS

The 2.3% Medical Excise Tax that began on January 1st is supposed to be "hidden" from the consumer, but it's been brought to the public's attention by hunting and fishing store Cabela's who have refused to hide it and are showing it as a separate line item tax on their receipts.

Anyone still believe Obama didn't raise taxes on the middle class?

ahab_2008_0303155.jpg

2. 548

548 Guest

Please read the link I attached. The company has acknowledged it was a computer glitch and information is provided regarding obtaining an expedited refund. Some people just like to start crap.

3. 548

548 Guest

Rick, I think everyone knows that the consumer, not the manucterer, pays in the end. That's no grand revelation that only Republicans are privy to.

Question for you. Who pays for the health care services provided to the uninsured?

I don't know the percentage of health care services that are provided to people with no ability to pay, but I bet the number is out there somewhere and would shock you.

Obama did his best to tackle a real problem plaguing the American health care status quo. Like he said, If anyone has a better idea, speak up. Well Rick, what's your solution?

And yes, I am a liberal, and I have to admit, you are right; I know nothing about econimics, never even heard of econimics.

4. 548

548 Guest

Medical services are the price they are because medical facilities have to recoup losses incurred by treating people with no ability to pay from people who have the ability to pay (ie. people with insurance). You know this, everyone does, and by your proposed solution you acknowledge and accept that you are willing to pay the bills of those who cannot. This is the exact opposite of what you believe in, yet it is what you are doing. So I ask you again, what's your solution to equalize the health care in this country so people are paying a fair price for the services they recieve instead of an inflated price designed to compensate for losses incurred from treating those who can't pay?

Or, am I wrong, and what you are actually proposing is a policy of refusing to treat regardless of the nature or immediacy of the health crisis unless you can prove you have the ability to pay? In that case your system would work, infact, we could all even save a little money and stay home on Sundays since that is certainly not the do unto others mantra we espouse to believe in while sitting in church amongst friends and neighbors.

5. 548

548 Guest

I think Medicaid takes care of those people.

I see the problems differently. I think when the biggest cause in this country for filing bankruptcy is a life changing medical event, there is a problem. I think when I am charged $33 for a $.33 Tylenol because I am one of the consumers who can pay, there is a problem. I agree with the notion that increasing the number of the ability to pay sector (people with insurance) will reduce the burden on everyone.

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Somebody programmed that into Cabela's system, so it's not exactly what I would call a glitch.

Perhaps what fixed the "glitch" was the jackboot of federal government pressing on the neck of Cabelas, threatening retribution for not precisely heeding the King's orders to conceal yet another hidden tax.

After all, as we learned in 2009, the new aristocracy is allowed to hand-pick winners and losers. Obey or be destroyed.

-Gary

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    548, quote: <i>"Rick, I think everyone knows that the consumer, not the manucterer, pays in the end. That's no grand revelation that only Republicans are privy to.

Question for you. Who pays for the health care services provided to the uninsured?

I don't know the percentage of health care services that are provided to people with no ability to pay, but I bet the number is out there somewhere and would shock you.

Obama did his best to tackle a real problem plaguing the American health care status quo. Like he said, If anyone has a better idea, speak up. Well Rick, what's your solution?

And yes, I am a liberal, and I have to admit, you are right; I know nothing about econimics, never even heard of econimics."</i>

548, you're a putz.

No, not everyone understands that when you raise taxes on a business that the business passes it on to the consumer. There have been plenty of liberals who have expressed outrage when they discovered this. I've seen their posts on liberal discussion boards. Some have demanded a law prohibiting taxes from being passed on to the consumer. Yes, they are that stupid.

Who pays for health care for the uninsured? Taxpayers, consumers and those with health care plans. TANSTAAFL

The amount of money being spent for the uninsured is staggering and it is about to bankrupt some hospitals in California, who are mandated to accept indigent patients.

Obama did his best to give health care entitlements to people who could not pay for them by raising taxes on health care equipment, causing insurance rates to go up, and rationing health care to those with insurance.

And yes, you are a liberal and you know nothing about how the real world operates.

8. 548

548 Guest

Brian, good to hear from you. The maturity level of this thread just dropped substantially. First post in the thread and you're already name calling.

So would I be correct in assuming you are like Rick, no medical treatment unless you can pay?

Next time I respond to a crash, should I be checking for Blue Cross Blue Shield cards before I call for an ambulance? Just roll them in to the ditch next to the other road kill if they don't have insurance.

9. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Only people who pay with cash are actually paying their medical bills. Insurance companies and Medicare do not pay the full bill. Who pays the rest? 548 does when he pays for his $33 Tylenol.

10. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

Rick - While Great Britain and Canada may not be as quick to perform all medical procedures as the US, if emergency medical care is needed, it is provided. If a procedure is cosmetic, or not an emergency, it goes on a wait list, to be provided as time and space allow.

In the US, with a system that is strictly for profit, procedures may be performed quicker, but they are also MUCH more expensive. Part of this is the hospital making a profit, but it is also the medical malpractice insurance costs, on top of everyone in the chain making their money. The bureaucracy built into the system is out of control, in both the medical system and the insurance industry, which also drives costs skyhigh to cover them. As 548 posted above: when the biggest cause of bankruptcy filings in the country is life changing medical events, there is something wrong with the system. There shouldn't be a choice required between being healthy, or being bankrupt.

Compare the amount of GNP in the US being spent on healthcare, and the amount in Canada and Great Briain, and you will be amazed at the difference! The US spends a great deal more government money, on top of private and insurance money, than either Canada or Great Briain does on health care. If the system in the US was that much better, would you not think it would be more streamlined and efficient, and therefor cost less?

When the opposition to universal healthcare coverage is being led by the AMA and the insurance industry, protecting their financial behinds, perhaps it is time to look at some other system of coverage. This could be a combination of public/private insurance, or something else, I don't know, but the present system isn't working well for most people, and needs a fix.

11. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Hey Shooting sailor, didn't you hear, the system has been fixed, Obamacare is law. It was in all the papers. You think the bureaucracy is bad now, just wait till DC gets total control. We got 75,000 pages of rules and regulations just on how to pay your income tax. Wonder how many pages just for a procedure on installing a heart stent??? I guess we'll find out in a few short months.

The total number of uninsured Americans is around 12%. So I guess we had to change the system because the "present system isn't working well for most people, and needs a fix.". Well we're going to get the fix because it wasn't working for 12% of the population. What about the other 88% whom it was working?

The discussion is mute though, Obama has done saved us all. Problem is solved, just like the spending problem he solved.

12. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

It isn't the 12% that is requiring the system be fixed, it is whatever portion of the other 88% who may think they have sufficient insurance and assets, until a major medical event happens, and they find themselves in banruptcy. As I said above, nobody should ever be in the position of having to make the decisipon of health or bankrutcy.

13. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

Rick,

So glad to hear from you again. Since you like to have opinions that you can't back up with facts, I won't bother to challenge you to a wager on this issue. Readers of some of your earlier posts will remember that I have in the last few days offered to bet first $50 and then $100 that your statements on various issues were not true. No response from you. At first i thought you were too busy. Turns out I was wrong. You seem to have plenty of time to post on other subjects.

You may not like the medical system in Canada and Great Britian, but it sure seems to be getting better results than ours. Seems to me that a very good measure of the quality of health care in a country is the longevity of its citizens. Want to bet that citizens of Canada and Great Britain are living longer and lose fewer babies. Perhaps you have a better measure.

Perhaps I am wrong about you, so how about a $200 wager. I say people in both countries live longer and lose fewer infants. Surprise me. Take me up on the bet. Please. Think about how delicious it would be to win. Think about the pleasure of scanning my check and publishing the picture.

I think you have begun to understand who Rick really is. He is part of the "Let them die in a ditch" group. Or, if they have any assets, take them all and let them go homeless if that's what it takes to pay off their health care debt.

Brian,

Calling someone on this site a "putz" is inappropriate. You may think that it only means they're stupid or ignorant and I hope that was your only intention. According to a Yiddish dictionary it means penis. Try to remember that using foreign words that you do not understand does not make you look literate and the moderators are watching.

14. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

Traders:
    A bit off topic here, but do you even shoot? I see a host of topics that you have commented on, however none of them have anything to to with trap shooting.
    The term "troll" seems to be appropriate here.
    dju

15. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

He's too busy licking Obama's boots and *** to shoot!

You gotta love these liberals don't you? Not. They say that Britain and Canada have better health care systems because of the longevity of their citizens. Yeah well the US has to contend with millions of other world citizens that are included in our stats. The US has over 1 million LEGAL immigrants a year migrate to this country and 85% of those legal immigrants come from 3rd World Countries. And this migration has been happening over 40 since the liberal hero Ted Kennedy change the immigration laws in this country back in the 60s.

I would like to see any other country in the world absorb 1 MILLION LEGAL Immigrants a year with 85% of that number coming from 3rd World countries for over 40 years and still maintain the standard of living and health care that this country does. Then add in the ILLEGALS. The population of the US grew more from 2000 to 2010 than the entire population of Canada.

Every couple of months Yahoo news has an article on the best cities in the world to live. Usually it is dominated with cities in Switzerland, Sweden, New Zealand, etc. The liberals always comment that - that study is proof the US is a miserable failure. But yet the liberals wouldn't stand for the idea of the US restricting immigration to the levels of the rest of the world. That would be racist. Let Sweden, Canada, England absorb millions of 3rd world immigrants for just 10 years and see how their cities and health care system maintain their superior quality that Traders adores.

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Can't go to NZ unless you fill the bill.

This means you are healthy, can speak English, and meet income requirements for at least four years of self support.

Source: Living and working in New Zealand

My kind of place. If I were 50 years younger I would be going there.

HM

17. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

davidjayuden

A perfectly reasonable question since this is primarily a trap shooting site.

Yes, I am an active shooter of both handguns and shotguns. I don't shoot rifles, except a 22. And yes,
    I have had many posting questions about gun issues. If you will do a search of my sign on name you will find postings directly related to my shooting although there have been few recently. The last was on 2/16.

If you read my postings on none-gun issues you will notice that I don't start the thread. If I understand the concept of a "troll", it would be a poster that starts a thread for no other reason than to elicit responses. I don't think I have ever started a non-gun related thread, but you can do the research to check me out. I try to respond to other posters and frequently with a different viewpoint that is frequently attacked. I have noticed that the posters that get accused of being "trolls" are posters whose comments are determined to be "liberal" No "conservative" poster is ever accused of being a "troll". Why is that?

Bisi,

Since you don't think my choice of longevity and infant deaths is a good measurement of the overall quality of a country's health care system, what would you choose.

"I would like to see any other country in the world absorb 1 MILLION LEGAL Immigrants a year with 85% of that number coming from 3rd World countries for over 40 years" You might want to check you data. I think they are an exaggeration, but I understand your point.

To answer your question, about any other country that has absorbed large numbers of immigrants, you might want to look into the immigration data for Israel. Since well before the State was founded (1948) Israel has absorbed large numbers of refugees from all over the world, many of whom came from 4th world countries. And, if you look at the Israeli immigration numbers as a percentage of population you will find that they far exceed the US data. Israel has a very socialized medical system and their longevity number and infant death rates are much better than ours.

You might also notice, that in the US, it's not the rich people that are producing the unpleasant results, it's the poor. In the US the rich live longer, get better health care, and lose fewer infants.

Rick,

I am assuming that your post about the US health issues are a way of saying "It's our own fault" You may be right, but I would suggest that Canada has a very similar demographic as the US, (they do drink more alcohol than we do) and still have much better health statistics than the US. How would you explain that?

18. davidjayuden

"Canada has a very similar demographic as the US, (they do drink more alcohol than we do) and still have much better health statistics than the US. How would you explain that?"

Too fricking cold to go out and ride their motorcycles would be my guess...
    dju

19. davidjayuden

"I have noticed that the posters that get accused of being "trolls" are posters whose comments are determined to be "liberal" No "conservative" poster is ever accused of being a "troll". Why is that?"

It just may because they have not contributed anything to the forum, except to pop their heads up out of the ground long enough to spout off a few DNC talking points. Then, they typically retreat to mom's basement to continue their miserable existance.
    Not that any of which applies to you, of course...
    dju

20. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Obama care`is the biggest scam ever pulled. Last count it will ad 4 TRILLION (started out at 1.6) to the national debt. Employers will dump heath ins. now, because it will be MUCH cheaper to pay the 2,000 in fines that pay the ins.! When you turn 70 your health care will be DRASTICALLY rationed! Socialized medicine. Will turn out to cost more than anybody dreamed! Never worked anywhere else, won't work here!--Obama kool-aid!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.