1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LOOK OUT EPA COMING

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by A CHANCE, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A CHANCE

A CHANCE TS Member

Better look out boys the skunks in Washington are trying to get the EPA involved in the production and restriction of ammunition. Citing the use of lead as hazardous material.

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

How is steel shot from the 27?

Bob Falfa

3. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Everyday there is more depressing news----What's next?----SJB

4. MNGuns

MNGuns Member

Please quote your source, I would be interested in reading more on this.

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I sorta doubt it... <center>
    [​IMG]
    </center>

Keller

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Back door gun control is what it is called.

7. coyote1234

coyote1234 Member

If you believe Fox news he is right. I saw them report it yesterday.

8. MNGuns

MNGuns Member

Thank you Unknown1 for sharing that with the rest of the forum here, perhaps somebody should forward that to Fox as well. I believe posting without an adequate source of information is at best in poor taste. Reminds me of the no more bullets from WalMart trash we sorted through last week.

9. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Nothing to worry about. The tree huggers weren't even able to force the waterfowlers to switch to steel. They also usually give up at the least little bit of resistance. Back to your grahams and milk.

Bob Falfa

11. Baber

Baber TS Member

Bob...

I hope you are right. I never thought the Boy Scouts would cave to the gays but they did.

T

12. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I suspect the EPA, gets petitions, daily from tree huggers suggesting lead be banned.

I would also think the EPA, having people who must make their bosses think they are doing their work, reply to these petitions and even write letters they will take the matter under advisment and reply in future correspondence of their findings.

There is a bill in the House right now to take authority from the EPA in the regulation of lead in hunting, self defense and recreational shooting.
    It is called H.R. 322 Hunting, Fishing, and Recreational Shooting Protection Act.

Now if the EPA has no authority to ban lead, it does have the authority to require it's clean up from gun clubs (the enviorment). Just ask any of them that have been told to clean up the lead, have a cleanup plan or closed them for failure to do either.

13. MNGuns

MNGuns Member

So what are you doing to stop it.? Sure seems as there are plenty enough people pissing and moaning on the internet, so I believe that base is well covered.

14. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

If they regulate lead (which is by the way a pure element of the earth)in amunition, please explain to me what in the hell they are going to do about a billion automotive batteries? Boat batteries? Sure will put a dent in the electric car business that they are so set on promoting. Every dental XRay will be outdated, as well as medical XRays. Or how about the lead walls in every nuclear reactor site in the country? I think it will be pretty difficult to regualte lead bullets and not all the other things that require the use of lead. Besides the fact that they can't change the elements of the earth.

Chuck

15. MNGuns

MNGuns Member

Easy now Chuck, you start spouting off with a bunch of common sense and logic, and people are going to think poorly of you... ;)

16. Bob Merkov

Bob Merkov Member

I agree with MNGuns, Chuck. Facts and logic are tantamount to Witchcraft according to some liberals. It will not be tolerated...

Bob M.

17. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Wasn't this an issue that arose several years ago? Say about ten? Or possibly it was a New York thing? I can't remember but it seems like this isn't a new topic.

18. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

They'll say lead enclosed in plastic is permissable but raw lead is hazardous. Please join the NRA ($25.00 versus the usual $35.00 yearly rate)as it will be better to put the heat on the politicians with 4 million members versus an individual. Lead, according to KitcoMetals.com closed at $1.089 per pound. Heaven only knows if the EPA comes down on gun clubs and ammo makers what the price will be. I will not shoot steel through my trapgun. Most would not. We need to draw the battle lines and get the lead in versus get the lead out. BT100dc

19. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Steel shot in the proper wad wont damage your choke. Some clubs are shooting steel and have not seen any problems. Granted it isnt as good as lead.

20. MNGuns

MNGuns Member

BT100...I would only suspect that the loss in demand as a result of the EPA would result in a decrease in price for lead. In addition, were it lead shot banned, the price of lead just would not matter to us...

PS...If you ever wanted to make a billion dollars or so, come up with lead shot alternative suitable for trap, skeet, etc. that is bio-degradable, safely ingested, readily available, and cheap to manufacture and distribute. It would also be a bonus were it a bi-product of something already produced, or perhaps a product of recycling. Easy enough, right..?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.