1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Look for products made in the U.S.A.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by porky, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. porky

porky TS Member

Costco sells Goodyear wiper blades for almost half the price that you will pay on the outside and they are made in the U.S.A.

Unfortunately our politicians and top CEO's have pushed for trade to china and Mexico for years so Americans are now out of work. Did you know that there is no electric coffee maker made in the US and that the only kitchen appliances made in the US is Viking? This information came from a report made by Diane Sawyer.

I DIDN'T KNOW HALLMARK CARDS WERE MADE IN CHINA! That is also why I don't buy cards at Hallmark any more. I buy cards at Dollar Tree - 50 cents each and made in USA

I have been looking at blenders available on the Internet. Kitchen Aid is MADE IN the US. Top of my list already

Yesterday I was in Walmart looking for a wastebasket. I found some made in China for $6.99. I didn't want to pay that much so I asked the lady if they had any others. She took me to another department and they had some at $2.50 made in USA. They are just as good. Same for the kitchen rug I needed. I had to look, but I found some made in the USA - what a concept! - And they were $3.00 cheaper.

We are being brainwashed to believe that everything that comes from China and Mexico is cheaper. Not so.

I was in Lowe's the other day and just out of curiosity, I looked at the garden hose attachments. They were all made in China. The next day I was in Ace Hardware and just for the heck of it I checked the hose attachments there. They were made in USA.

Start looking, people . . ...In our current economic situation, every little thing we buy or do affects someone else - most often, their job.

My grandson likes Hershey's candy. I noticed, though, that it is now marked "made in Mexico." I don't buy it anymore.

My favorite toothpaste Colgate is made in Mexico...now I have switched to Crest.

You have to read the labels on everything.

This past weekend I was at Kroger . . . I needed 60W light bulbs and Bounce dryer sheets
    Right next to the GE brand bulbs I normally buy -- was a brand labeled, "Everyday Value." I picked up both types of bulbs and compared them: they were the same except for the price . . .The GE bulbs cost more than the Everyday Value brand, but the thing that surprised me the most was that that GE was made in MEXICO and the Everyday Value brand was made in - you guessed it - the USA at a company in Cleveland, Ohio.

It's Way past time to start finding and buying products you use every day that are made right here in the good old US of A!.

So, on to the next aisle: Bounce Dryer Sheets... yep, you guessed it, Bounce cost more money and is made in Canada. The Everyday Value brand cost less, and was MADE IN THE USA! I did laundry yesterday and the dryer sheets performed just like the Bounce Free I have been using for years, at almost half the price.

My challenge to you is to start reading the labels when you shop for everyday things and see what you can find that is made in the USA - the job you save may be your own or your neighbor's! If you accept the challenge, pass this on to others so we can all start buying American, one light bulb at a time!

Stop buying from overseas companies - you're sending the jobs there. (We should have awakened a decade ago....) Let's get with the program and help our fellow Americans keep their jobs and create more jobs here in the USA. Support the products that are " Made in the USA"

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I've been doing that for years but its hard to stay ahead of the selfish ones who would rather save a dime and put an American out of work. Must be an ego thing!

3. burtona

burtona Member

I like to buy American made stuff too, as long as it's made with non union labor. But I'm not usually buying stuff made here that helps unions destroy my country with their politics!

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Yes, slap my hand for buying on the cheap...

As for ego.

If I didn't have to pay school taxes, county taxes, cell phone taxes, telephone taxes, cable tax, gas taxes, sales tax, room tax, vehicle taxes, park fees, increased target fees, taxes on income, taxes on stock sales, taxes on dividends, user fees, toll fees, raised taxes to bail out state and county union retirement programs.

Also, helping pay to feed everyone on food stamps, free lunch programs, free housing, free cell phone service, subsidized housing and paying taxes for the 48% or whatever the number is that don't pay Federal Taxes, but get money back anyway.

5. Garry

Garry Active Member

See website above.

6. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I always look for stuff made in the states, and will pay more for stuff made here, one that still frosts me a while ago I needed a chop saw (I thought) I went to Lowe's and they had a Chinese made saw and a DeWalt, they looked identical except for the color of them the DeWalt box said Made in the USA, so I paid $100 more for it when I got back to the shop and opened it up there was a made in china sticker on it

Every since then DeWalt is on my no buy list

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

So Joe..You think your the only one paying those taxes...lol You sound like you'd be the first on to quit paying taxes and let the burden fall on the rest of us.

burtona............Can we stay in your country for a while longer,

Thank You. Juan, Jose and my other 100 relatives who live in my house.

We didn't know you were the sole owner or we would have ask sooner.

8. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

WWII vets knew this! And, beware of those who say, "My Toyota was made in Kentucky." Follow the money! Where do the profits go? Beware! All Americans may become employees of a foreign company. How does that sound for your kids and grandkids????? Martinpicker

9. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

It's hard.

Last time I was in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico on vacation, bought couple gifts for friends, they were all made in China.

The Ford my company bought was made in Canada. And one of the Mercedes we had was made in USA.

10. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

Well said Maetinpicker, My Dad and uncles refused to buy things made in japan, because in wwll they fought them! I hate it when I see someone wearing a ball cap with a military patch on it made in viet nam, same reason. Wake up Americans

11. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

My friend in Norway still can't buy any German, Italian or Swedish cars because his father fought the Germans (and Italians) during WWII, and his ancestors fought the swedish centuries ago.

He said the first thing after his father passes, he'll buy a Mercedes. :)

12. Peter Sinclare

Peter Sinclare Active Member

Since this is a trap discussion forum, how many of you are shooting American made shotguns?

Can we tell the US shooting team stop shooting Italian made Perazzis?

13. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Good point Peter. Might as well add Krieghoff to that list too.

Someone around here stated in a previous thread that they have at least one of each.

Word is, there are companies in Yakima,Washington and Racine, Wisconsin that manufacture competition shotguns with "Made in USA" on the label. If one were to purchase one of those instead, perhaps a fellow American might keep their job.

Isn't that the point of your post, Git-ER-Done?

What's that old saying about stones and glass houses?

14. crusha

crusha TS Member

GM's profits go to build plants in China.

Ford's, too.

Run a comparison on who's built more truly new manufacturing plants in the USA over the last 15-20 years...Toyota, or GM and Ford combined.

Putting Martinpicker's idiotic comments aside...yes, there are US products out there...but you have to look for them fairly ardently. You have to pay more, too. And, don't forget to read your FOOD LABELS...that's the really sneaky one, right there.

15. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Pete, I shoot a Parker on singles and handicap and use a 3200 for doubles. If a better shotgun can ever be built - Parker will build it. LOL

One of these days I am going to upgrade my doubles gun to an LC Smith, then I will be shooting the 2 finest trap guns ever produced.

16. 3357

3357 Member

I shoot a Ljutic, with Federal and Winchester shells.

17. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

all JEEPS are made in the USA. ONLY brand that all vehicles are assembled in the USA. ( not Canada or Mexico )

18. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Jeep has foreigners in the closet too.....

wiki:

"Chrysler Group LLC is an American-based, multinational automaker, in global strategic alliance with its majority owner, Italian manufacturer Fiat, since 2009."

It is a Global economy these days--that is just the way things are. The global economy is fueled by .... insert drum roll: FREE enterprise!

News flash: Free enterprise is not uniquely American either.

Guy B.

19. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

Add Cabela's to the list- they are owned by China!

20. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I shoot a Ljutic and only Win. AA's., and a Browning Superposed (made in Belgium but designed by John Browning from Utah). And I'm in Alberta. So, If you like driving, are ya gonna quit for fear of burning gasoline made from our oil??? I'm not nuts about buying Chinese goods either, but for instance, I like to watch TV (ours came from Korea)...how about yours?

Ron Burr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

costco sells goodyear wiper blades for almost half the price that you will pay on the outside and they are made in