1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Look at Jaqua's New Arrivals

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Chris_H, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

I just looked at Jaquas new arrivals and saw they have a Beretta UGB25 Xcel. Yes the break-open autoloader is here! Will it stay, only time will tell.

2. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

The one I picked up looked like it was worth $500 - maybe, and the last I heard they wanted soomething like 6 times that!

3. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Go to the website and watch the movie.

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

My initial thoughts were: Looks like a modified Browning recoilless. If it is priced at around $3000, I can't believe it will sell well. I'm surprised Joel Etchen didn't get the 1st one.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Joel did, he has it on his web

6. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

Pretty spendy barrel at $100 an inch difference between 30 and 32. I think its a pretty cool gun if you like auto's.

7. alf174

alf174 Member

Wonder who will be the sucker(s) to buy one; way too many parts for things to go wrong.

8. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

I didn't see it in his list of announcements on his home page but see it is listed under new guns. Thanks, Cuban. Could be that w/ a minimum allowed advertised price of $3498 he wasn't inclined to put it there!

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

http://multimedia.beretta.com/beretta/UGB25XCel/UGB25Xcel-eng.wmv I lika thisa beta, no

10. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I think its a slick looking gun, neat and different but at 3000.00 comeon. I would buy a as many 1100trap models as I could for 3000.00 and have several guns to play with.

11. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Again, they dropped the ball for the lefties,,,,,

12. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

With that price, I think they dropped the ball for most of us righties too.

13. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

If the gun can be fitted with a good trigger it may be better than many of us think. If you shoot a break gun and want to put some type of recoil reduction type of stock on it you will have more than $3,000 invested regardless of the gun manufactor you might choose. Would like to see and shoot one. Then I might be able to make a fair assessment as to it's worth. - Jim

14. alf174

alf174 Member

It was at the Grand back in '04 IIRC and lots of folks shot it at the practice trap; nobody I knew could get it to shoot the 2nd round and it failed often on the first. Guess Beretta is going to try and sell some to get back some of their investment. Good luck to all the guinea pigs.

15. Landshark

Landshark Member

Some poor soul will buy one. It will malfunction, he won;t see it for 6 months.

16. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

What's really great, you have to pick up all your hulls if you are a reloader----just great for the back & it is even better for the scavengers----this gun will be Beretta's Edsel---Phil

17. K-80 Jim

K-80 Jim TS Member

I remember seeing it in the Beretta building a few years ago at the Grand. Unfortunately, it was not well received by those who tried it. As I recall it was: Heavy, recoiled more than expected, failed to load second round, felt awkward, and didn't appear to be very robust. I'm sure they have refined it by now and may be a very good gun. Personally, I'm going to wait for the side by side auto ejecting model to come out. This should also alleviate the the feeling of rejection that some our left handed friends may be experiencing.

[​IMG]

Shoot well,

Jim

18. Bridger

Bridger Member

I would think Beretta has used the long delay to work out the problems with them. It may work a whole lot better than when they first brought it to the Grand. Nevertheless, my gut reaction would be that if I am going to spend $3k for a semi auto, the first one I would look at would be Dennis Devault's 391 conversion. Hopefully one of the dealers will have a demo gun for potential customers and we can hear some current feedback on them.

19. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

jaquas price is $3,296.00

20. Bridger

Bridger Member

I would think Beretta has used the long delay to work out the problems with them. It may work a whole lot better than when they first brought it to the Grand. Nevertheless, my gut reaction would be that if I am going to spend $3k for a semi auto, the first one I would look at would be Dennis Devault's 391 conversion. Hopefully one of the dealers will have a demo gun for potential customers and we can hear some current feedback on them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.