1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Look At How Poor Things Have Gotten.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bawana, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Look at the old money we us to have. Say the twenty dallor gold coin. You could at that time take that coin and buy a GOOD SUIT. You can take that same coin and today buy a GOOD suit. What coin can you do that with today? NONE.

With the two threads about the 1911 ATA Metal you can see back then how they had GOOD TROPHYS. Now look at todays trophies. What trophy today will someone ask $5000.00 for in the years to come? NONE. Why are the trophies so poor today. Why are there wine glasses, cheap trays and lamps as prizes? People here say be proud of your sport but why should we be proud when we work so hard to get cheap trophies.

2. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Mosby, come to our shoot on July 15th at Glen Rock Gun Club in Shrewsbury, PA if you want to see good trophies. It is our 111th anniversary shoot.

Some of the trophies we will have are:

Claro Walnut Gun Blanks with matching forend wood.

Beautiful wooden Bulova mantle clock valued at over $200.

Clinics and lessons from a few of the top dogs.

Trap Tutor.

Leather shell pouches.

Flats of shells.

Primers, wads, etc.

Many autographed trap shooting books and DVDs by various authors/shooters.

Horseback Riding lessons by a local top Eventer trainer.

Custom made drawstring (made from shot bags) Hull bags.

Several BEAUTIFUL knives, some valued at well over $100.

Thermal one piece shooting underwear valued at over $100.

Chiropractor exams/visits gift certificates worth over $150 apiece.

Various hats, shirts, shooting towels, etc.

$150 gift certificate from a nationally-known stock fitter.

Rust bluing gift certificate from a local gun smith.

--------------------------------------------------------

There's more, but it would take too long to make the list.

We are trying something new this year, and hoping to make this a real Shooter's shoot.

4. recurvyarcher

If I win them, I'll give them to you, Shootlow, but you have to come and visit Martin and me.

BTW...I don't buy shells anymore, just reloading supplies. :)

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Just lay down, Shootlow. I'll walk on your back for you and straighten you right out. And for a true friend like you, I won't even charge you a dime.

You might want to have a stick or something to bite on though, it could be a bit painful.

Hauxfan!

6. recurvyarcher

We'll be seeing you at the Kansas State Shoot, Shootlow, God Willing.... Hope you will be there!

7. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

shootlow, Watson and I will get you adjusted at the State Shoot. Hope you can make it till then.LOL You ole f@#t!

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I thought amateur trapshooting was about sports and personal skill, not material rewards?

9. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

zarathrusta

I got some of them things also that the nutty people on E-Bay and other sites that has more money than I do but they don't have what I got and never will have it as long as im alive.

Foggy

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    zarathrusta, I have a small placque given me by the scouts for five years service as pack leader. It means more to me than all my trophies.

11. shadow

shadow Active Member

The plaque I recieved for coaching a championship grade school fotball team back in the early 60's sits in the place of honor in my trophy case. Up front and center.

12. recurvyarcher

My ex threw all of my awards and trophies in the Niagara river...even my high school letter jacket and class ring. Oh well, I got another class ring when I graduated from College in '97, and I'll get a trophy or two before I keel over.

13. recurvyarcher

LOL! Shootlow, Martin is more than a trophy...he's my best friend.

14. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Well look at the KY Derby. Did anyone here watch the race? Here are rich people who spent a great deal of money just to get there and all they get is this little BS trophy? Hey look at he hockey trophy, that is a trophy worth winning. it takes two people to lift it. Look at the Super Bowl trophy, that is the right size and worth winning.

15. recurvyarcher

Hi, Gordy...the shoot is July 15, so we would need it just before then. Your generosity is AMAZING, though!!!!

Don't worry, if I'm still shooting my Perazzi in 2 years, I'm going to buy a blank from you and make my gun BEAUTIFUL. Right now, I just need it functional. I have a feeling, though, that this gun and I are going to grow old together.

You can help me pick mine when it's time. I'll fly out and see you, and we can take that packing trip of yours at the same time. That will be the summer after next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.