1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Longshot in Activ cases

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Moses, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moses

Moses TS Member

Trying to find data for Activ hulls and Activ L-33 wads for very fast 1.125oz loads. Want to try 34.8g Longshot and 1.125oz of #6 shot using the above L-33 Activ wad. Anyone think I need to wear a helmet? Thanks

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I used them for the Longshot with Fed primers and 12s4 wads. 29 grains is enough for me but I did load a few with 31. You are going to blow up your gun and or end up flinching. I no longer use it

3. NealSS

NealSS Member

Try this A federal 12S3 red wad 30 grains of Long shot with 1 ounce and 3/8 of 6,s. The 12S3 is a ounce and eight wad but works wonderful in the deep active case with this much shot !I have loaded them up to 10 times in the same active hull ! Yes you get a noticable push when fired, BUt the results are quite remarkable. Mine conagraphed not spelled correct at about 1300 feet per second .They hold a GREAT pattern! Broke several third and fourth shot from 50 plus yards from trap !

4. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

I've gone as much as 33.7 grains in the old compression formed AA hulls, but only with 1 1/8 oz. of shot.

There are 35+ grain loads listed in a Gold Medal plastic hull for 1 1/4 oz. I think you'll be fine pressure wise.

5. SuperMotard

SuperMotard Member

not sure on an active hull, but, in a top gun with an 1 1/8 oz i've had decent results from games. just throw 30 grains of ls at whatever your throwing and you'll have great results... for what its worth i throw 30 grains of l/s at 1 1/8 oz of 4 or 5 or ( mostly 6's ) in an appropriate wad for the hull... ( 30 grains in a federal and around 28.5 in an AA or STS hull) and have broke targets at ranges that shocked myself.. unlike many, i like long shot, 800x, blue dot, pro reach and the slow burning powders if used appropriatly in the appliccation and so does the ljutic. for a line load in handicap or singles.... green dot is hard to beat. The reload game can be as complicated as can be says the guy using promo... TB, The Boy ( first keg of Promo )

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I load 33.5 Longshot in the Activ Hull, Rio Primer Windjammer wad and 1 1/8th oz #6s beautiful load approx 1450fps 10,000psi.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I have some loaded w 35.9 Grs Longshot, 1 1/8th oz#6s,pressure is 9600psi and is approx 1530fps.

This is a really good load for Max Shootoffs ranges.

Wish I had some more Activ Hulls.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

8. Moses

Moses TS Member

Dr..................

That is exactly what I want them for. I appreciate your response. Been trying a few 1.250oz loads in the Activ with 33.5g Longshot breaks the heck out of birds. But, it also smacks my nose too much. The fast 1.125oz stuff seems to do just great without the punishment. Thanks again.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.