1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??? Longest yardage Ohio range ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ouch, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ouch

ouch Member

In south western Ohio what puplic or club has the longest yardage rifle range and what is that range? Thanks,Richard

A link to the clubs you mention would be great!

2. mooster1223

mooster1223 Member

Thunder Valley Precision in Kimbolton has a piece of steel at 1720 yards.

http://thundervalleyprecision.com/

TVP doesn't do a very good job of posting schedules (in a timely manner). They have 3 basic courses of fire. The "headhunter" with targets out to 600 yards, the "short course" with targets out to ~550 and the "Intimidator" with targets out to 1165 on the normal COF and a bonus target at 1650. You can engage the 1720 target from the benches. The "matches" are all in a timed environment.

You also have Rayners Range in Blue Rock Ohio. We shoot from 200 - 1000 yards there.

http://www.raynersrange.com/

Rayners holds a rifle shoot on the 4th Sunday of every month Feb - Oct. They also shoot on the Saturday before. Shoots start at 9:30 and can run until 4pm, depending on the size of the crowd. It's not uncommon to have 50-60 shooters present.

You can send me a PM for additional info if you'd like.

3. mooster1223

mooster1223 Member

This is probably the best way to keep tabs on TVP's schedule...

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2978281&page=1

I shoot at both locations often.

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

There is a rifle range near Plainfield Ohio with a ONE MILE range or very close to it,

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. mooster1223

mooster1223 Member

Gary, that's TVP. The target has been lasered from the benches at 1720 yards multiple times.

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I knew it was a long shot as I was talking to the owner at my friends cabin that is just across the road from it, I stopped and looked at the range a few times and was AWE struck.

Would love to have a gun to shoot that long yardage range.

There are a lot of deer and turkeys in that area.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. mooster1223

mooster1223 Member

Gary, guys have connected with it with a caliber as small as the 6X47L shooting 105 Berger VLD's. A lot of the 308 shooters also take shots at it. The trick is reading the wind. Elevation is fairly consistent depending on temperature and humidity. As long as you have enough elevation in your scope, give it a try. It helps to shoot high B.C. bullets that transition the transonic zone well. The equipment (to do it properly) gets pretty specialized and expensive.

8. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Dr. Longshot, I thought maybe you had some backup loads that would reach that far out of one of your Whupazz guns. :)

9. ouch

ouch Member

Thanks for the replies. I should of added more info. Because of my work schedule trap has been more difficult for me to attend so rifles are filling that void. 100 yards is my local clubs maximum and I'd just like to try farther. Nothing formal or worth traveling very far. Thanks,Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

odnr range yardage