1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Longest .410 Barrel -- Not too Expensive

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by machete, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. machete

machete TS Member

Whats the longest vent rib 410 barrell they made for something that wasn't a fancy over/under?

Like whats the longest they ever made for a pump?

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

The longest would probably be the 27" barrels on the current 1100 410s. The longest on a pump would probably be 26".

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Hugla has an ou .410 with at least a 30" brl

4. machete

machete TS Member

let me ask this, Would shooting a 410 improve scores when you go back to a 12 ga?

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Depends. If you have to use a different gun to shoot 410, then almost certainly no. The only way it could help is if you are shooting it through the same gun (ideally an over/under with subgauge tubes). Even then, unless you are shooting consistently 24+ w/ the 12ga, the 410 will be an exercise in frustration. Until you get a handle on the 410 (which could take years, or might never happen at all), if you are shooting 23s and 24s with the 12ga, expect to be in the mid to high teens w/ the 410.

I don't shoot the 410 to get better w/ the other gauges, I shoot the .410 to stay good w/ the .410.

If you want to get a good handle on how well you'd score w/ the 410 out of the gate, without making the investment, screw in a pair of mod or improved mod chokes in your 12ga. The pattern diameter will be similar, just denser.

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I have a Browning Special Sporting Clays Edition 410 with 32" barrels. Lotsa fun on the Subgauge Sporting Course. With IMOD and Magnum Eights it will break a 16 yard target handily. The 3" shell with 7 1/2's will smoke a 16 yd bird.

My Skeet Tube gun is at its best with the 410. It will give about the same breaks as its larger brothers, but has a little less wiggle room.

The only negative to a question asked about swapping up, once you get used to the Wienie Gun the Twelve KICKS!

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

If your objective is to shoot better trap scores (trap is a 12 gauge game) then forget about the .410. Just shoot your trap gun and shoot it regularly. Spend what ever money you were considering for a .410 on a good instructor and the rest on ammo.

Choke tight and look for the smoke. The smoke will tell you more about your shooting than the score sheet.

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Practice trap with a 410? Uh,,,,no.

Skeet, sporting, or field? Sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.