1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Longer hollingsworth adj comb posts

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by J.Woolsey, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Anybody know where I can get a longer Hollingsworth style adj comb posts. The ones he supplied are about 1" and I need another 1/4" at least, due to a high rib I had installed. Thanks J.Woolsey

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Hollingsworth will make you longer posts, just tell him how much longer. I could not find his phone number.

Dr.longshot
    Gary Bryant

3. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I think I'll buy a Chevy and bring it to Ford for service

4. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Gary, when I spoke to Mr. Hollingsworth he said his posts might be too short for my application, no mention of fabricating anything longer. I do appreciate your input in helping me find a suitable solution. J.Woolsey

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Titanium Big Bore that is a very good idea, more stable, I had ordered long posts from another source and the added length added torque and twisted the base securing the posts right out of the stock.

I recently ordered new posts for my Kolar but was sent extensions w/ longer screw, but the extensions need to be longer to get the height O need, for the temporary repair I will add flat washers and longer screws, their 1-5/8 in comb drop is too much for me, then the addition of the new Prototype Hi shooting rib I have requires longer pins yet.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

<center>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    </center> I found some nylon bushings that Worked for a fast temporary fix Also good for figuring out what you really need. I then Finally found a reasonable machinist to make a few post and spacers for me.

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

I asked Mr. Hollingsworth about this, a few years back. He said he didn't make longer posts for his units, out of concern about the greater torque causing the mounting to pull out of the wood.

Sorry about your luck...but it sounds like you have plenty of other guys willing to help out with ideas here.

8. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

If you'll send me one of the current ones, along with the screw, I'll be happy to turn you a longer set on the lathe. Just let me know what you need for length.

Ken Rucker...Speedbump Stockworks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.