1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Long Range shooting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim101, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

I don't condone this, But it is some good long range shooting. Jim

<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://smg.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Jim45/VIDEO/Super-Gun-Deer.flv"></embed>

2. hawk57

hawk57 TS Member

Can't really tell but it looks like they are sitting in a trailer set up for seated/benchrest hunting? Even if he's handicapped, where's the sport in that?

Hawk,

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Pat, I know two guys who do just that. They are competitors at the Original 1,000-Yard Benchrest Club near Trout Run, PA, and have a "deer camp" in a cave on the side of a mountain. They have a bench set up out just outside the mouth of the cave with a canopy over it (so they can also "hunt" in inclement weather) and use the same bench guns they shoot in competition. One spots for the other and they shoot deer on the opposing mountainside about a half-mile away.

Their "camp" is actually pretty plush for a cave. Because spooking their quarry is not an issue, they always have a fire burning and cook over a charcoal pit. Furniture consists of retired lawn furniture, chaise lounges and such. The last I spoke with either of them, which was several years ago, they were considering using a gasoline-powered generator to power things like lights, a coffeemaker, a microwave, a small refrigerator and - yes - a television set!

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

long range trap shooting