1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Long Range Optics

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Sprinklerman, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I am putting together a 6.5x 284 for long range shooting. I am interested in a scope. Just thought I would see if anyone had recommendations for quaility at a reasonable price or maybr 1 to sell.

2. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

0   0   0

If your really planning to get in to long range shooting don't go cheap on your Optics. I have been in to long range shooting for years now and won a lot of awards from it.

I would looking in to a long range Leupold like a 8.5x25x50mm or spend a little more money go and buy your self a NightForce like a 12x42x56mm bench rest. I am more in to the NightForce scopes but I do have 3 Leupold 8.5x25x50mm long range here that I have for sale if your interested. Why I am selling them is I wanting to buy one of the new NightForce scopes that are coming out this summer some time and I need to sell the 3 scope to buy this one scope I am wanting. The leupold's have been on rifles but not shot much.. sold the rifles and I am having a Barrett 416 built.

PM me if your interested in a 8.5x25x50mm long range Leupold...... I have 3 of them for sale.

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

You have a PM.

4. 1oz

1oz Member

0   0   0

Leupold , NightForce and if money is not an issue March scopes .I personally like high mag variables scopes thats where Leupold has the down fall their highest mag is 25 power in a variable . Night Force is a good scope , very robust . I owned 3 , 1 downfall is the weight . I purchased a March 8 x 80 a year ago it just blows every other scope I've had out of the water . But it should it cost double of a Night Force.

5. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

0   0   0

Your right about NightForce costing but you can't bet them. Below is a picture of one that I have on a bench rest varmint rifle ... Savage LRPV 204 with a NightForce 12x42x56mm on it. Farmers love to see me show up.... I don't need to leave the barn yard with this rifle.

rickinohio_2009_2704189.jpg

6. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Here is my 30/378 Ruger long range with a Nightforce 5.5x22 and one of my SlickSlide recoil systems. Nightforce scopes are made in our small town of Orofino Idaho and a lot of the guys that build them shoot at our club.
    Carey

7. John55

John55 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Another vote for NF, just can't beat the quality or repeatability of their adjustments. Still use Leupold on some hunting rigs but if you wanna twist knobs they aren't in the same league as the NF or other high end scopes.

8. mission6222

mission6222 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Just got my gun back from best of the west, had 5x20 huskemaw put on, and sighted to 800 yrds+ scope is state of the art for 1500. shipped. loyd

9. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Can't go wrong with nightforce I have a pair, the one is overkill for a 308 but they are super optics highly reccomended. I have connections to get leupds at a great price, if interested pm me and I'll let you know what I can get

10. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.