1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Long Island union sent written demand to Florida u

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Jerbear, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Well, we have been discussing the issues in the northeast. here is the lastes poop on the unions.

Amid Sandy’s devastation, Long Island union sent written demand to Florida utilities: Pay dues or stay home

In a two-page Oct. 29 contract, the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) local 1049 demanded union dues, pay hikes and benefit contributions from Florida electric utilities before its workers would be permitted to help reconnect power to Long Island communities. The demand came as Hurricane Sandy was bearing down on the Northeastern United States, stranding tens of millions without electricity.

The “Letter of Assent,” which The Daily Caller obtained from the Florida Municipal Electric Association, demanded 11 separate financial commitments from municipal power companies and electrical cooperatives in the Sunshine State. The agreement, for any utility that decided to sign it, would have been in force from Oct. 29 to Nov. 29.

Barry Moline, the association’s executive director, told TheDC that by Nov. 1 the union, based in the central Long Island town of Hauppauge, had relented and stopped insisting that nonunion crews pay dues and other union fees.

“The union director” himself placed a phone call to withdraw the letter, Moline said during a telephone interview Saturday. But that came only after Moline had notified a national trade group, the American Public Power Association, which turned outrage into action.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/03/amid-sandys-devastation-long-island-union-sent-written-demand-to-florida-utilities-pay-dues-or-stay-home/#ixzz2BHZDU093

Contract here..... http://www.scribd.com/doc/112044903/Letter-of-Assent-E-No-Car-GENERIC

Jerbear

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Union thugs being rebuffed by civilized society.

What else is new?

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

People are starving and freezing and these folks want to play games with the work?

Hope they can look in the mirror when they shave.

In a non emergency situation I could see a different story, but this is pretty sucky.

HM

4. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

It would be a tragedy if people died and people will die because of turning away help. This will likely to get worse before it gets better. Breaks my heart to see people devastated by their losses. People are in great need and this need is far more important than union membership. Let's get the problem fixed as Americans cares about Americans in need. If I had no heat, gasoline and food I really don't care whether a union member helped me or a non-union worker. They should be both welcomed. BT100dc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.