1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Long,drawn out posts

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hipshot 3, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Man I thought only women liked to talk, but trapshooters are worse. Do any of you long-winded guys realize that long posts get read much less frequently than short ones? One of the basic things they teach in schools is to be brief and to-the-point using as few words as possible. Some of you guys go on forever and ever! Geez!

2. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Anyone ever read Hemingway? No, probably not. Jake

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

I wouldnt read them if I were you.

4. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

I am a proud member of On-And-On Anon. I made that one up myself some time ago!

Steve

5. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

not only have I read Hemingway, I have been to and fished out of Bimini several times.

6. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

MIA....Thanks! I only mentioned it to try and let alot of guys,like yourself, who have alot of good and interesting things to say know that if they make an effort to condense what they are saying, theres a much better chance that more folks will read it. Right now,unfortunately, some guys with good info are probably not getting read, and they should be! Just trying to help if possible!

7. nukinfuts

nukinfuts TS Member

When I click on a post that I think I might be interested in,and if anyones post is longer then my screen will show,I skip to one that is shorter. Some guys just go on and on...Nuc

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

Hey, Ace...why don't you re-hash your long-winded "101 Trapshooting Tips" thread from way back when...

...I was *riveted* to every word of that...

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

MIA- I do not know the word analyphic. And, if Mr. Webster knew the word, he failed to include it in the dictionary I bought from him. Could you help both of us?

Pat Ireland

10. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Pat,

I think he means analytic. His brain must have cramped up. HMB

11. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Oh hogwash, Ace! A post should be only as long as it needs to be; that's true enough. And many ten-word posts here in TS.com would be improved by dropping eleven words. But conversely, if the content is important, and there's a lot of it, then the post will either be extended or incomplete and what's the point of telling half the story?

While you were gone I put up several patterning examples which were so long few probably got to end, and that's just the way it is. But a seed of memory is planted, and when a "skimmer" starts to have a real interest, he or she will remember reading something about the subject and have a place to return to and there's the full story again, this time carrying meaning to the reader which wasn't apparent the first time.

I hope this helps . . .

Neil

12. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

But it's what I wanted to say; that's the point, Earl. You did understand that Ace's post was a bit of self-parody, didn't you?

Neil

13. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

MIA.....Quite the opposite my friend! I think your comments make alot of sense!

14. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I must be missing something......Who is this Ace you guys keep talking about? If he is anything like me, he must be handsome, intelligence, knowledgeable, quite a lady's man,an excellent Trap shooter and loves Eskimoes!

15. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Ditto what the Daddy said!

16. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Whut did that Shakespeare guy say? "Be true to thine own self" er sumthin close? Good advice too when it comes to BSn long term, BSn traits stay with you long after you change long johns er long handles? Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.