1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lonesome Charlie-- Customer Service

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Phil Kiner, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

I had a one box belt clip shell holder that was about 30 years old. The stitching had let go and it needed re stitched . It was one of those things that should have been thrown away but was an old favorite so I thought I would get it fixed.

I took it to Charlie at the SW Grand to see if he could fix it, he handed me a new one for free.

I expected to pay for repairs and tried to pay him for the new one and he said my products are guaranteed for life and I mean it.

Since many times we only remember to mention the "bad" I thought I should mention the good. Thanks Lonesome Charlie

2. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Charlie is the best - best equipment and best service!

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

If that ain't good old American customer service then i don't know what is. Not to hijack your thread but i have had similar service from Shamrock. It goes to show there are still some good American made products and come from some real good hearted American people.

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Ditto.

Had a similar experience with Lonesome Charlie at Vandalia '97. My son was hurrying trying to jam a box of shells into his doubles rig and actually ripped the leather. When I showed it to them the guy said, "Just get you one off the shelf over there." No charge. I went ahead and bought another for backup, since Vandalia was 12 months away, and a 14 hour round trip. Haven't needed it yet. Great people, great product.

5. JGS

JGS Member

The only thing better than Charlie's products is time spent talking to him. A most enjoyble gentleman whose products are first rate. J.G.Sayle

6. Shikar

Shikar TS Member

I have bought a bunch of stuff from Charlie, and gifted a bunch to other shooters.

He is a gentleman, old school customer service at its best.

Regards.

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Called recently to buy a mesh hull bag to compliment my bison pouch... they found some heavy grain leather in a complimentary color, provided d-rings to facilitate mounting... Old Fashioned Customer Service!

Jay Spitz

8. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Best customer service I've ever encountered.

A few months ago I ordered a new custom shell pouch (std design but custom colors and a logo stamp on the front). I thought i had the design number right, but when I received it, it turned out I guessed wrong (I ordered the 144 and needed the 122), and the one I'd ordered was similar to the one I wanted, but much larger than I'd ever need. I figured I'd end up selling it on here at a loss, and ordering another in what I really wanted. I knew of LC's excellent customer service, so on the off chance there's anything he could do, I shot him an email to see if I could exchange the pouch for the one I needed. Sure enough, he said sent it back and I'll send you the one you need (the new one was also custom color and logo, same specs as the one I'd ordered but smaller). I thought I'd press my luck and see if, since i was making a shipment back anyways, I could send my old pouch in for a reconditioning at the same time. Sure enough, he said throw it in and he'd buff it up for me. A couple weeks later, I had both pouches back (the new one and reconditioned old one) and couldn't be happier with either.

All my dealings with LC have been A++ That would explain why I have 2 of his pouches and one if his range bags. There might be others that build pouches that are a little nicer, but they are 5x-10x in price. LC definitely offers the best value for your dollar, and a refreshing attitude when it comes to making sure his customers are satisfied. A friend of mine bought a range bag from another pouch/range bag maker on the circuit. IIRC it was in the 1k range. It came with a very deep knap sheepskin on the shoulder strap pad that she really didn't care for. Asked if she could get a strap pad w/ out the knap (which would have been a matter of sliding the old one off and new one on) and was informed it'd be more money to do that.

9. Landshark

Landshark Member

I sent my 11 year old pouch to LC for a refurb, came back looking almost new again. I can't even remember if he charged me return shipping or not. No matter as I am a LC customer for life.

10. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Does anyone know if he comes to the Cardinal Center shoots?

11. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

I worked for the Florsheim Shoe Company years ago, and they had a return policy that was free replacement, no questions asked, regardless of what the problem was or how worn out the shoes were. It was a smart move, because it got them a lot of lifelong customers.

Charlie's gotten far more good will by treating his customers well than it ever cost him in inventory, and that's the way it should be. Smart guy who didn't just get off the turnip truck.

12. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

I buy belts from Charlie and the leather, workmanship and brass buckels are excellent. no mexican leather with charlie.

13. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

They are 1st Rate!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.