1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Loneliest Gentleman at the Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by darkside, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkside

darkside Member

Well he is not the actually the loneliest man at the Grand, but he is the most removed person from where the action is. I am talking about the gentleman that was running the Hull tent on 8/5/2010. He was working in an old Army mess tent. He told me it was his base tent while Elk hunting. I ask him if was from the 40’s he said no but the original tag still attached should tell us he said. We looked, it said 1948. I asked if the ATA ran the selling of hulls, he said yes and that he was a volunteer for ATA.

I read on here all the time about all the things that are wrong with the EC and ATA from fellow ATA members. Well the troubles many talk about, did not seem to bother this gentleman, as he was there doing his job for an association he must has faith in.

Just as I was leaving two young ATA workers drove up and called him Pete. It seems to me there should be more faith in our organized that is supported by fine folks like Pete. So the next time you walk off the field say thanks to the soccer or any volunteers you encounter during the Grand.

Good Shooting C Schum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.