1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lone Star Handicap / Zone 5 trapshoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mike Hessong* (MH*), May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Just wanted to send out a reminder to those in this part of Texas (South Texas and the San Antonio area) about the Lone Star Handicap & Zone 5 trapshoot that starts this Thursday and runs thru Sunday, May 31, 2009. This is the shoot that was "supposed" to have have happened back in September of 2008, but due to a really nasty guy named "Hurrican Ike", the shoot was cancelled and moved to this coming weekend. I know a lot of people are looking forward to joining other trapshooting friends and getting in a lot of targets and trying to win a little cash and trophies as well. I can't get there til Friday, but i look forward to seeing a lot of y'all from then thru the end of the shoot.

Good luck and good shooting,

Mike* (MH*)

I have attached the Texas Trapshooters Association website link that gives the specific program bases on what was to have been back in September. From what I understand, everything will be the same except for the new dates.

2. Amarillo GC

Amarillo GC Member

Zone shoots are a lot of fun; we hope some of our shooters make the trip to San Antonio.

3. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

I'm here.....shop will open at 8 am tomorrow.......

Ken Rucker...Speedbump Stockworks

4. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Handicapping and squadding starts at 9 AM Thurs and 8AM Friday, Sat and Sunday.
    Tommy's Helper(Bob R)

5. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

All right guys, who's winning? I didn't get to go due to a dying friend, I went to Alpine instead. Is Bob still shooting that nasty stainless Ljutic? AJ

6. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Yes he is and he put up a 99 in the Thursday Handicap for a win, Only problem is was shooting the Gaudy MX-10RS.
    Bob

7. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Congratulations Bob. Any chance you will sell me that Ljutic now? AJ (Andy)

8. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Well, I just got back to work today after shooting 3 days at the Lone Star Handicap and Zone 5 Championships at the National Shooting Complex in San Antonio, Texas. Congratulation to Alan Stimpson of Kingsville for shooting a super 99 in the final handicap event on Sunday. The sad thing was that the one target he missed was the 100th bird of the event. He said the "pucker factor" on that target was thru the roof. Still a super effort. I left before all of the shoot-offs on Sunday, but one of my squadmates was in a shoot-off for mid-yardage, but he lost that one. I heard there was another good shoot-off between Dr. George Nelson of Corpus Christi and Charlie T. (LC) Long that went at least 3 rounds. I only was able to make my way into a 7-way shoot-off for Saturdays "A" class Zone Championship singles event, that was eventually won by Mr. Bill Hopper of the Metro Gun Club over in Angleton. Some really good scores were turned in for the shoot, some mediocre scores like mine meant they (the eventual winners) were just happy I "donated" to their cause.

Bob (ljutic231), I really think you need to change your sign-on name now that you aren't shooting that Ljutic anymore. Maybe something along the lines of "prettiestperazziinTexasMX10RS" or something a lot shorter.

Not a lot of vendors were open during the shoot, but good 'ol Vernon Winkleman of Trainer Hales Supply, Ken Rucker of Speedbump Stockworks and Buddy Loveless of Texas Clays had their "air conditioned" vendor spaces opened up for business and letting the shooters also cool off after the intense heat of the competition as well as the humidity that comes along this time of the month in Texas.

Good shooting to all of the winners and thanks always to Darla and Helen who make getting signed up and squadded a pleasant task and also thanks to all of the Zone 5 officers who do all of the behind the scenes work and also all of the classification and other problem solving as things come up.

Mike Hessong* (MH*)

President- Victoria (Texas) Skeet and Trap Club

9. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Mike, the MX-10RS did well for me, In sigles 99-98-99-97, and Thurdays HDCP 99. so after that I will just call her Pretty Gaudy. It shot better than I could hold up my end. Great shoot and We were really glad to have you and all of the others for another Great Zone 5 shoot. The next one will be in Sept 2009
    Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.