1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

London Gun Maker to Visit

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ChetH, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChetH

ChetH Member

We are visiting London later this year and I am thinking I would like to visit at least one of the great English gun makers. Does anyone have any advice? I see that Purdey's is near where we will be staying. Is there another one I shouldn't miss?

chet

2. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Holland and Holland

3. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Are you visiting London only, or going about the country side??

I travel to the UK at least six times per year on business - happy to help out if I can.

here is a Google search of London gun shops

http://maps.google.com/maps?um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=london+gun+shops+UK&fb=1&gl=us&hq=gun+shops+UK&hnear=Westminster,+London,+UK&ei=bHYwTdi_Oo2ugQfgnM3ECw&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&resnum=3&ved=0CAYQtgMwAg

David D
    drop the X's

4. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

If you will be anywhere near Birmingham on your trip,add Westley Richards to your list.They have a new ,modern plant and are quite proud to show it off.

5. englishupland

englishupland Member

I think Holland & Holland would offer the best tour/experience.

I wouldn't go to London and miss Purdey, and maybe stop by Boss, but I don't tihnk you will find them as welcoming or forthcoming with info/tours..

6. sanremo

sanremo Member

You may have to make an appointment to get in some mfg's be sure to check when you arrive in London!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.