1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Logan Co. (Ohio) results 8-2-09

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JB Logan Co. Ohio, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

The wind gods were somewhat angry Sunday August 2,2009 in west-central Ohio. Nonetheless some pretty good scores were turned in at the Directors Trophy shoot held at the Logan County Fish & Game's registered event.

Rob Marshall form Marysville, Oh. posted an 89X100 for a win in the doubles contest with Ron Brown of Degraff, Oh. following in second place.

In the singles event Rob Marshall was on fire posting the first 100 straight in singles that has been registered at the club in a couple of seasons. Rob paid no attention to the ever changing wind speed and direction to turn in the 100X100 tally. Ron Brown again wasn't far behind Rob and took second place with a 98X100. VERY GOOD shooting from both contestants given the ever present (it seems) windy conditions that all had to put up with during the day.

In the handicap race Don Blankenship of Troy, Ohio (TS's own birdtracker) brought in a 92X100 from the 20 1/2 yd. line to take the high score as well as the High Overall (our HOA consists of the singles and the handicap) with a 183X200. Don now will have his name engraved on the trophy and he gets to admire it on his mantle (Don, you DO have a mantle don't you?) until next year when he will bring it back and collect a buck from all the shooters who shoot for the trophy then. (My trophy's only get admired on the mantle for a few days then I get to admire it out in the garage/man village! LOL)

A sincere thanks to all who came out last Sunday and helped the club have a small but talented and spirited contest. We may not have the biggest shoots but we try to throw a good target and have some fun. I'm just glad we have some dedicated shooters who's company I do enjoy. Thanks again.

The next shoot will be August 16, 2009 and it will be the Rob Marshall Honor shoot.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

2. JB Logan Co. Ohio

Don, I forgot to ask you after yesterday's post...Do you work with John?

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

3. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

yes I work with John and I always sit my trophys on the kitchen table. At least till the wife gets tired of the bragging!!! Birdtracker

4. JB Logan Co. Ohio

You shot well in our little wind tunnel, who's trophy are you holding?

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

5. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Gee Jerry you could have said I was overall high for the woman turnout...Laughing...we may have a little shoot, but we all have fun.

Deb

6. JB Logan Co. Ohio

My apologies to you OhioGal. I won't make that mistake again. See you (both) Sat.?

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

7. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

That is from Deerhunters. They have a shoot each year on Jan 1st. That is from 2008. I wasn't able to defend this year and had to give it back.Birdtracker

8. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Sorry Jerry Hubby's weekend to work, and I am going to Williams County on Saturday...so not this week, next weekend we are going to go watch Tom Knapp at Fin Feather and Fur at Ashland, we might come down that night, my husband might want to just toss clays in the air and see how many he can shoot. Oh we will bring our own for that!...laughing...I hope the numbers keep growing, I am going to give that 5 stand a try in the near future!!!!

Deb

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I see one of Ohio's own premier clay target manager's has worked his magic again!! :) Good job buddy!! Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.