1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Logan Co. (Ohio) Opener

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JB Logan Co. Ohio, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Logan Co. Fish & Game Assoc. Bellefontaine, Ohio opened the 2007 (calander) season with the Ron Tevis Memorial Trophy registered shoot. The partly sunny but cold afternoon sported brisk NW winds that made the birds dance like the rockettes but what do you expect for Ohio in March? Doubles was first on the agenda with Rob Marshall, Marysville, Oh. bringing in the high 91X100. Rob was 49X50 on the second half. Quite a fine score in the day's wind.

16's followed next with three squads and a partial. Dave Rittenhouse, Marysville, Oh. bested the lot with a 97X100, Jim Harrod, Wapakoneta, Oh. was second with a 96X100 and Rob Marshall was next with a 94X100.

There was a bit o "wailing and gnashing of teeth" when it came handicap time. 89X100 was the top (tied) score on the distance targets. Ron Brown, DeGraff, Oh. and Jerry Beach, Bellefontaine, Oh. shared high handicap.

High overall and the traveling trophy was won by Ron Cummins, Wapakoneta, Oh. Ron shot a 178X200 and keeps the trophy for a year and then brings it back for 2008. Congratulations Ron! Good shooting.

Thank you to all who attended this shoot. We appreciate your business and will try to improve in any way we can.

The next registered shoot is scheduled for Sunday April 1, when the club will celebrate the Gary Shipp Honor (trophy) shoot. If anyone knows my good friend Gary Shipp I need say no more as you'll never meet a more fine person. Juniors and sub-juniors targets are half price on all ATA registered shoots so bring the kids as they are the generation we must hand this sport to.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

2. JB Logan Co. Ohio

3. melf

melf TS Member

Jerry

I know Gary well I shoot with him on wednesday at Indian lake fish & game,

he called me last week and told me about this shoot, He is vary proud and

honored. I'm sorry I can't make it as we are going to have family in that

day, I hope you have a good shoot that would make him happy he has been

having trouble with his eyes and has not shot much this year.

Art

4. JB Logan Co. Ohio

Gary has mentored me for going on 30 yrs. + and I listen when he has something to say. He is a great individual and has long deserved this honor shoot. The club is honored to honor him.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

logan co ohio trapshooting