1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

lodging info for spring grand-Tuscon

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by petey, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petey

petey Member

Anyone know of a good place to stay for the spring grand?

Pete

2. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Pete, We Have been staying at the Country Inn & Suites At 705 freeway in Tucson. Call And Talk to David, April Or Heather And inform them you are coming for the shoot at Tucson Trap club. Special Rate----520-867-6200 Great People, Rooms And Super Breakfast (included) Tell Them Joe Whitehurst gave you the Number. We Have Stayed There For A Few years. Regards Joe W.

3. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

any other suggestions? Thamks

4. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

SMSNYDER, There is a Ramada Motel Right Next to the Country Inn But, I know Nothing about it. PLEASE DO NOT stay at the Red Roof Inn on the East side of Tucson. Guns Have been Stolen from there More than 1 Time. The Crosslands Extended Stay is on the East side Of Tucson. Their Number is 520-745-3612 The Country Inn has the Trap Shoot Price Of 85.00 Per night But, They serve a "GREAT" Hot Breakfast. If You consider going and Eating Breakfast out somewhere else That will cost 20.00 for two people. That will make the 85.00 a night Very Cheap For Tucson. Just saying Joe Whitehurst

5. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I got a buddy a room at Starr Pass Golf Resort , up in the mountains,
    3645 w. starr pass blvd. 520-670-0300
    Definately off the beaten bath.
    There is nothing close to the club.
    At the moment there is a gem & mineral show going on. Hotels are full.
    The show is over about the 17th.
    closest is about 10 miles.
    I am not a hotel owner!!! i am a trapshooter!!
    Any more questions, Shoot !!!

Joe Woods/Ontario

6. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Post It.

Joe Woods/Ontario

7. petey

petey Member

Thanks joe90t, just booked my room, no problems people seemed nice on the
    phone. Any tips on dining or night life in the area? How is the drive to the club.

pete

8. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Pete, Be sure and Try A GREAT steak at the SILVER Saddle Steak House and there is a Mexican food restaurant in Tucson(Oldest in arizona)names slip my mind now but will look it up and post here. Also The "Best" Italian Food is Argenzianos East of Tucson To Houghton Rd. Turn south Go About 7 miles on left. OUTSTANDING. Also Tiny's Steak house. From Country Inn & Suites To the Tucson Trap Club. Head South enter Freeway go to I-19 Exit(Nogales) Take The First exit AJO go to light Turn right Proceed West about 6-7 miles To SAN Juaquin(spelling)Turn right for 1/4 mile Turn left Approx 1 mile Enter gate On Right. Hope this helps. joe90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.