1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lodging For Grand in Sparta

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by yorkie, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yorkie

yorkie TS Member

We still have cabin lodging available during some of the Grand.
    Aug 9th - 17th 2007. Check out our website for more info.
    Go to www.countryviewcabins.com and Click on Grand American
    ICON at the top of the home page. We offer quality lodging
    in the quiet country not far from Sparta. See all the pics.

Also, we are selling our home in Chester IL that would make
    a great vacation home or a retirement home close to the Grand.
    Info is also listed on our websites homepage. Lots of pics.

Laurie York
    Country Cabins
    Rockwood, IL 62280

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, Yorkie, Your link doesn't work.

Here is the link to Yorkie's cabins that he/she wanted you to see.

Cabins!

Hauxfan!

3. yorkie

yorkie TS Member

Thanks Hauxfan. Not sure what I did wrong to post our website. Should I leave out or add something different when posting my web address ??

Yorkie

4. mobear

mobear Member

This should help, the http needs to be on the address

5. PITA ; please move East

PITA ; please move East TS Member

How much per night to rent the cabin? If you can't put the price on here then you must be embarrassed by how much you are over-charging.

6. yorkie

yorkie TS Member

No PITA, I am pretty proud of my prices actually as it is a discount off our regular rates for 6 people. I thought you would surely want to see pics before you worried about pricing and you would see that when you went to the website. Guess I was wrong

The prices are 160 a nt through the week and 180 a nt for weekends + tax. That also includes your breakfast. Cabin accommodates 6 comfortably and has all the extras you would need for a very comfortable stay.

I am not like the local hotels that refuse to give a price until they get closer to the Grand so they can surprise you with their charges. I am renting out our cabin at full capacity prices only during the Grand. And if you break down those prices, it is very reasonable for 6 people.

Just so you know, I found lodging for 5 groups of shooters last year to help out since we are sparce on lodging around here. That was a cost to me for my adverising and #800 number phone calls, (41@ a min) + all my extra time. There was no charge on my part and others actually made more money then me. Not sure your comment about us was justifiable as we are honest and hard working people that are glad to see the Grand in our area and don't want to see any of the shooters gouged.

Yorkie

7. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

My family and I are staying at Laurie's cabin 5-8Aug during preliminary week. Laurie is a very nice and accommodating person and the cabin is first rate.

Chester hotels and of course the new Holiday Inn Express are sold out already. Now is the time to make your reservations.

Deluxe accommodations for six at a rate of $170-$180 a night is a great price.

Laurie, Please disregard the negative commentary from some on this site who seem to revel in their proclivity to cast underhanded barbs.

Guy

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

Yorkie/Laurie ... no need to explain or be bothered by some on this site. There are those that just want to complain about almost anything and be a serious pain.

Looks like a great place for an entire squad of shooters to jump in on and really lower there overall shooting costs for the Grand.

9. yorkie

yorkie TS Member

Thanks for the encouragement folks. I can definately say without a doubt that without exception (uh, well maybe 1) that the shooters are some of the most down to earth good people you would ever want to talk to. My husband and I mingle around the ATA in Sparta occasionally and visit with the shooters. Plus, we have had lots of calls from lodge seekers and they are extremely nice folks. Charlie Becknell and his group have stayed in touch and are great folks that will be staying at my friend Hollys again this year. You all seem to be our kind of people and we are happy to accommodate and help you all out as much as possible. We honestly regret that you have to travel so far to get into the shooting area from your place of stay. Please let me know if you need info about tourism or anything else around here. My website has a "Tourism" icon that will give you tons of info. It also lists all the restaurants with phone numbers for your convenience. If I don't have the info you need, just email me and I will be happy to point you in the right direction if I can.

Yorkie

10. Bob Farne

Bob Farne Member

Wow! What a classy lady but she keeps mentioning a "husband". Doggone it I'm out of luck again. LOL
    Thanks Yorkie for being so helpful and good luck with your ventures. Bob

11. guncase

guncase TS Member

In one of your threads you mention 41 cents per minute for 800 phone service. You need to research that a little!! Mine costs me 10 cents!! Paul

12. PITA ; please move East

PITA ; please move East TS Member

I went to your site and looked. I saw the thing about the grand and clicked on it. All I saw was where it said to call and ask for pricing.

13. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

PITA you're just making friends and influencing people all over the place lately aren't you?

Sometimes it pays to stay in the cat box.

Great Cabin Laurie!

14. yorkie

yorkie TS Member

No PITA, you must be mistaken.. When you click on the ICON for Grand American it takes you to the page that clearly lists our prices for the Grand on the top left hand side. At the bottom of the page it clearly states to call and ask with any questions. Meaning that we will be glad to help shooters with any kind of information that they may not find on our site or that they might need to know about our area.

Hmmmm ???

Are you trying to cause trouble for me & make me sorry I got on your forum ??

And yes, I am paying 42 cents a minute. We are a rural COOP Telephone here and you get what you get. To get the 800 # you have to pay dearly.

Yorkie

15. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

It was I who recently encouraged Laurie to enter TS.com to pass along the details of her cabin thinking it would help her and someone on the site looking for a great deal for lodging during the Grand.

I'm almost sorry I did now. I don't know who you are PITA, or what your problem is. Does anyone know who this jerk is? He's also given Devi a hard time with snide remarks related to the medal.

Why would anyone want to give two of the nicest ladies around a ration of crap just for the sport of it?

Guy Babin
    Westminster, MD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.