1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Locking lever question.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have a 410 O/U sold under the name of Tristar and have put around 15,000 rounds through it and the lever is just a hair left of center but still locks up tight. How are they adjusted? Since I have no knowledge about it I have asked a few people and they tell me something has to be welded and built back up but makes me wonder. Educate me please. Jackie B.

PS. Yea, I know it's not an expensive gun and all that but it has been a fun little gun. I average 21 on a five stand with it and presently have a fractured collar bone so it's the only thing I can stand to shoot.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I believe its the locking bolt that engages the barrel that needs replacing/rewelding.

Check with Doug Braker in Minnesota.

3. dhip

dhip Active Member

Good question.I've wondered the same.Always hear people say,lever to the right,etc.does center mean it's bad?,,I.E.,,The BT 99 I'm trying out,the lever is in the center,not to the left or right.Still locks up good,gun feels tight.Should I be concerned?Fella selling me the gun says it has lots of life left not to worry about it.I even asked him about replacing the trigger spring etc.,,he said why,it's working fine and he doesn't know of anyone who's had trouble with BT 99 firing pins or springs.It's a 72 gun so yes it's what I call smooth but not loose.Not trying to high jack thread,but I believe it's a relative question,and talked about a lot but really never explained in detail what it all means.

Doug H.

4. dhip

dhip Active Member

Gary

Thanks for advice,but if anyone could take care of a gun better than this friend,I would be surprised.He's owned several high end guns also,Seitz,Lutics,Kolars,etc.As far as dicount,his price is so low,including the release trigger I won't list it because I don't want to hurt any BT sales on the sight.The lowest price on the site,and that's without a release is usually at least $100 more than what he's offering it to me for.And,if I can start running a few straights wiht it,I'll probably buy it.

Doug H.

5. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Looking at his price list he's considerably more reasonable than Browning.

6. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Looking at his price list he's considerably more reasonable than Browning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.