1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Locked up Bucks

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I saw that someone had posted a story of some bucks locked up and in which they had all drowned. That story and pics reminded me of this:

Well back in Oct of 2005 a friend and myself were bow hunting and he came across this. The one buck was barely alive and the other was dead and had its butt eaten out by coyotes already. The coyotes are what actually clued him in as to something going on. He called me on my cell phone as i was getting in my stand. He said you ain't gonna believe what i found. He was right. The buck that was still living was grunting trying to get the coyotes to leave. You could say he was looking death in the eye. They had fought one heck of a fight as the ground was demolished. The tree is not a rub but in fact where they had spun around and against the tree in an effort to seperate themselves.

The local Game Warden was called he issued (2) permits and dispatched of the buck that was barely alive and in distress.

My friend had them mounted together in a very cool and expensive mount. The taxidermist came to the site and skinned both to the nose right where they laid. The last pic is my friend and i holding the locked racks. I'm the short ugly one. The taxidermist tied them together with some rope. They were locked very tight but we were afraid that once the racks dried they may come apart. I have no pics of them mounted. These are not very good pics as they were taken on a throw away camera and scanned onto my computer. Thought you guys would enjoy.......Matt

grntitan_2009_2503207.jpg

grntitan_2009_2503208.jpg

grntitan_2009_2503209.jpg

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Nice! Don't come across that very often in life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bucks locked up