1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Local Trap club fundraiser & family event

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jack L. Smith, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

Maybe this picture posts, maybe not.

Anyway, yesterday, myself & my 4 sons all shot on the same squad as a fundraiser for our local club picnic in Montgomery Co PA. Sons are ages 22, 20, 18 & 16, & old me)"The Smith Trap Challenge."

For each targer we hit, I donated $1 dollar to the club. Then I got others at the picnic to pledge $ 0.10 (a dime) for each target we hit. Each pledger got to pick one guess at the total number we'd hit and the correct guesser won $25. (84) Two sons haven't shot much at all, and two have shot a couple times a year since 2007.

After targets & pay out for the winner, the club raised about $225, and I got to experience an event that I'll remember for a long time - shooting alongside 4 sons. Everybody hit at least double digits, and the kicker was that the youngest one beat me by one target, which made us both happy.

Maybe your club could try some variation of this too, as an alternative to the typical 50/50 ticket sale.

js in PA

jacklsmith_2009_27022.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.