1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Local Teen Kills Elderly Couple

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by SBray, Jun 20, 2013.

1. SBray

SBray Active Member

Well here locally (northern California) a teenager has been arrested for murdering an elderly couple that lived in his neighborhood. Seems he was into playing video games, had anger issues, and "likes the dark". He apparently didn't have access to any guns, so was forced to stab them to death.

I wonder if they will ever consider passing laws that ban whatever stabbing instrument he used?

The reality is, how can our country find ways to prevent these kinds of people from carrying out their demented fantasies?

Steve

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Outlawing the woodshed opened Pandora's box.

HM

3. SL900LOADER

SL900LOADER Member

"can our country find ways to prevent these kinds of people from carrying out their demented fantasies?"
    I guess we are going to see more and more of this as society degrades,

I have ways, 9mm, 380, 32, 12ga, 20gs, 410ga.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    And where do they get their violent fantasies? Hollywood, TV and video games.

5. Avatar

Sad business.

As for outlawing knives, you'd be surprised. Many states and cities do have laws limiting what kind of knife you can carry, the size of blade, etc. If knives were not so ubiquitous in the kitchen I'm quite sure you would have politicians passing laws banning them or requiring special permits.

6. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Several years ago, I was in Ireland when the hot topic was outlawing glass beer mugs. Seems the locals could seriously hurt each other when they got into the generally accepted pub brawls. With this PC-sanitized and cronie capitalist web search engines we have devolved to today, I can't find the corresponding articles.

There is no end to loony-ness.

Kip

7. Avatar

See above link for the knife laws of the 50 states. The situation is additionally complicated by the fact that a lot of states allow cities to enact and enforce additional knife laws.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Where's the National Knife Association?