1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

loading with cheddite primers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tburrey, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tburrey

tburrey Member

Anybody else have problems sliding the primers out of the sleeve onto your Mec primer tray? I've looked at the sleeve after cutting with scissors and cannot figure out why the tray in the cardboard sleeve will not slide out like other primers I have used in the past. Thanks. Tom

2. tburrey

tburrey Member

Anybody else have problems sliding the primers out of the sleeve onto your Mec primer tray? I've looked at the sleeve after cutting with scissors and cannot figure out why the tray in the cardboard sleeve will not slide out like other primers I have used in the past. Thanks. Tom

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Yes, the Mec tray does not have enough width to allow the chedite tray to slide in. HMB

4. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I have the same issue when loading them but you can get creative with the cardboard cover and make a slip out of it and not have to deal with the plastic holder.

I've been happy with my results with the Cheddites, no FTF or squibs. They cycle great in my reloaders, far better than Winchesters and Federals. Only at about 4000 primers used but I'm pretty much sold on them.

5. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

My PW trays are a bit tight on the Cheddite primer boxes but still no problem getting them loaded up. I've loaded roughly 25,000 Cheddite and have found them to be excellent primers. In 25,000 I've only had 1 fail to fire. I've never had any issues with my K-80 shooting them either. Excellent primers and very good price point compared to most.

I loaded a bunch of Rio primers too and had no issues with them except when I couldn't get them for a while, I had to not use any hull that was reloaded with a Rio primer as the primer pocket was stretched by the Rio primer. That's when I tried the Cheddites and I prefer them over anything else.

Shoot safely, well and often,
    Tom

6. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

I have loaded 19,000 using Cheddites in my MEC 9000E with no issues.

Doc

7. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

I have several different MEC loaders. I have 3 different types of primer trays. Only one of them has the problem talked about above. It is the old style primer tray that holds 100 primers and has the slide on lid. The one with the fold over lid does not have that problem. Neither does the high capacity newer style.

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Why not remove the plastic tray from the box and cut a cardboard cover to prevent spillage? Turn upside down and insert?

Hap

9. oz

oz Active Member

if you look at the back of the box you will see 2 cuts that lock the sleeve. you have to overcome the pressure to make the plastic come out. not a big deal. oz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.