1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Loading the Trap House

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by indycamster, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indycamster

indycamster Member

indycamster_2009_12111.jpg

Loading the Trap House for The New Year's Day Shoot at Brownsburg CC

2. indycamster

indycamster Member

3. indycamster

indycamster Member

Getting ready for The New Year's Shooting fun at Brownsburg, CC

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

That brings back a lot of memories from back home in northern Iowa, sometimes we had to spend a few hours shoveling before we could even get a truck out there. Thanks for the memories! Ross Puls

5. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

Looks like the work crew at most sportsmen's club; lots of chiefs and a couple of Indians doing the bulk of the work. If a couple of guys had clipboards, they'd look like a bunch of state or town workers.

6. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

This may sound stupid, but I am a So. CAl native, ...don't the clay pigeons freeze and get harder to break in weather like you show?

JON

7. tachyon

tachyon Member

JON, around here we play winter rules. Someone uses a mister and gently sprays water on each of the clays. As it gets down below zero the clays get hard as rocks. While some will still break most just change course when they are hit. By winter rules that still counts. We pay the younguns to recover the ones that did not break and pay them a couple of dollars a box. We get to shoot them multiple times saving the club money and being more environmentally friendly.

In Lincoln they just heat them up with a blowtorch before they toss the rocks. If you see someone without eyebrows there is usually a great torch story behind it.

8. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

It may just be the angle of the camera, but that Pat Trap looks to be in the wrong place in the house. It looks to me like it should be closer to the right side of the house.

Rick in Mt.

Edit, On the other hand, I seriously doubt that we could drive to any of our traps at this moment. Over a foot of snow ontop of what we had and the wind was blowing. usually that means some 4 ft drifts in front of the trap. Oh well, the gun is put away for the winter anyway...Just isn't the same without ole Jack to shoot with.

9. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

I agree with ric3677 as the trap appears to be centered in the house.

Michael in IN

10. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Funny, I was just admiring the location of the Trap. When I helped install new Pat's at several local clubs I belong to, we took special effort to insure that the clay was exiting the house as near to dead center as we could.

It became quite a chore because every house had different dimensions, and had several different brands of traps previously mounted in them.

Those are good memories.

Kip

11. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Seeing this sure makes me glad the roof rolls back on our traps.

12. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

We run a heat lamp overnight in our trap houses in the NE winter!

13. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

Seeing this sure makes me glad I live in Phoenix where all we have to shovel is Sunshine

14. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

With out actually looking at the installation it's difficult to be sure, But it sure looks like the trap is about a foot too far to the right. Looking from behind the trap.

Jim

15. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Not great shootin' weather up here is it Rick?.....wish I were down in AZ shootin' with Trevor!!...some year hopefully before I cash out...

16. Hank55

Hank55 Member

Most of us older guys can only unload one case at a time, how long did the two cases at a time last before somebody said enough?

17. indycamster

indycamster Member

Birds come right out of the center. Joe, Mike, John, Et Al, check for height, with the cross stick, and speed with Radar gun. I think they toss really good targets.
    Haven't thought of spraying them with water...they are hard enough to hit as it is...but everyone is excited to Shoot on New Years Day.

18. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

It's -15 tonight......wouldn't take long for the water to freeze. LOL

Rick in Mt.

ps....Ron, wish both of us could be there with Trev.

Happy New Year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.