1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

loading the 28

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sean justice, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

what model mec are most using,only plan on AA as of now, should ihave seperate resizer, new to loading. stii looking for one, clean.

2. nanuk

nanuk TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sean
    I load with a mec grabber 8567 series (they have the collet resizer)--works like a charm. Put a series 762r grabber(also has the collet resizer--it just has the lower mounting base)--28 ga on this site a week or so ago--didn't get any bites, so listed it on ebay--auction # 220269318157 (last time I checked it was at approx. $30).
    It's fine if your not interested in the auction game--however I recommend you
    consider a grabber.
    regards
    Bob

3. trapshotr15

trapshotr15 TS Member

I would recommend the MEC 600 Jr if your just starting. You can pick them up cheap. I have two mec relaoders ( MEC 650 & a 600 Jr. )& wouldnt trade them for anything. Search the web on as much info on them before you buy. I found out a lot on the web & it has helped me alot. I bouth both of mine used & have run close to 2000 rounds thru them w/o any problems from the machines.

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

My first choice would be a 9000 and then the 8567. I presently use a 8567 for 28's and a 761R for 20's, a 8567 for 410's and 9000 for 12's. All of them work well but for a little more speed the 9000 has it. I reload about 1400 rounds a month and have no trouble with the reloaders. My only problem is when I change loads until I get it right.(adjustments) I keep a 600 Jr in all gauges to fix occasional mistakes. Jackie B.

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Gtabber before just downloading the 12 ga......breakemall....Bob Dodd

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Sean, if your new to reloading I would recommend the Mec sizemaster. It will make excellent loads in the 28ga. It is a simple single stage loader that has the best resizer you can get. It is important as a new reloader to start out on a single stage machine until you get used to reloading. After some time if you need to reload on a larger scale you might want to progess to a progressive reloader. You can always sell the sizemaster and get your money back if you buy one used to start with. The sizemaster is great for 4-6 boxes of shells a week. Not to many shooters need more than that anyway. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The Sizemaster will load the best ammo of about any press. The ONLY negative about it is speed, or lack of.

Personally, I will only load with a 9000GN. YMMV

8. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Components and recipe can cause more loading problems than the reloader, especially if your using the new HS AA hull. I've had better luck with Longshot and Universal Clays than the new 20/28 powder. It is difficult to get a good crimp without lots of wad pressure.

9. cortronboy

cortronboy TS Member

nanuk if you still have that grabber drop me an email.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.