1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

loading shotshells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by snglfoot, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

Forget the number of the bushing, WEIGH YOUR POWDER for the proper weight/bushing.
    Norman

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

I hope you are trolling because if you aren't you shouldn't be reloading.

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Why bother using a bushing at all? If some is good, more must be better, right? Anyway I still have one eye and 6 fingers.

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Maybe his loader should have stayed seized-up! Darwinism will catch with this guy, I just hope it doesn't involve any bye-standers.

ss

5. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I have #29 bushing in my bar, I was told it only drops enough powder for handicap shot, what # bushing do you recommend for all around? thanks.

This is really saying it all . Please buy a scale a loading manual and use both . The number on the bushing does not tell you anything without a scale .

With the web sites the powder manufactures have this is nonsense totaly BS

6. setter

setter Member

MikePor,

The question, while probably asked in all innocence, indicates a need for greater understanding of the ABC's of reloading. No offense intended. There is no "all around" bushing and the thought of same is, simply stated, a danger in the reloading process. One typically has a set of bushings with a powder scale to check charge weights and we follow the powder manufacter's recommendations. Above is Alliant's site where their Reloader's Guide will be found. If preferable, PM me and we can get into as much detail as you would like.

Regards,

Jim Moody

7. MikePor

MikePor TS Member

I understand weighing the powder but the bushings determine how much powder should drop.Im using a #29 bushing with american select it drops 18.3 grains handycap shot.Im trying to get ideals on what to load all aroud and recomendations on powders and others. Thanks Mike

8. setter

setter Member

Mike,

I generally shoot new shells for registered handicap and prefer the STS Light 8's. Plus I like the Estate's in a light 8. For practice, 16 yds, and doubles a couple of my loads are as follows;

STS hull, Winchester primer, AA wad, 1 & 1/8 oz of 8's, 17 grains of Clays

STS hull, Winchester primer, AA wad, 1 & 1/8 oz of 8's, 18 grains of International

Substitute the AA pink wad and these work nicely with 1 oz.

Regards,
    Jim

9. MikePor

MikePor TS Member

Thanks Jim I've been shooting trap for only 2 years and Im trying to get into reloading.Im loading gunclubs using fed primers 18.3 grains of american select 1&1-8 #8 shoot and remington wads.Just looking for any info.Thanks Mike

10. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Howdy Mike,
    How ya been? Osker sends his regards,as do his Momma,and I.
    STS hulls,Cheddites 209s,19.2 grs Amer Sel,1 oz. 8.5s............nothing but smoke,lite recoil,and you get seven+ reloads per shell.
    I hope to see you,and your lovely wife at the Cozy Saturday.
    D.P.Reynolds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.