1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Loading nitro 100

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Wolfman, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Boy, that's a new one. I do not have that problem in my Spolar. Could it be the type of plastic the bottle is made of?

2. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

I am loading the new N100 in my MEC, no problems like that. I will say that I have issues with how much to drop compared to the old stuff. I loaded 16.5 grns in a STS hull, Rem209,TGT12 & when I contacted the factory one guy said load the same and another gave me a new chart that said 17.5 grns. the 17.5 breaks targets good but has a little more umph then I like so will go back to 16.5 and see what happens. Never chroned them just took their word that 16.5 of the old stuff with this recipe would give me 1235fps. Would love any input on this subject. BK

3. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

If it is static electricity causing the problem, and the plastic material of the bottles of your loader, a possible solution is an ancient critter called DStat Gun. Might find one where they specialize in vinyl albums still. I have one and it was sold to knock static electricity out of the old 33-1/3 rpm albums that we all knew and loved. I would faithfully clean with fluid and special brush, then hit the album with the gun before playing from a few inches away. It really did knock out a lot of pops and glitches from the album, which were not present with a normal cartridge, but some super high end cartridges were very temperamental.

4. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Fred, what works ... some of the time, anyhow, is to wash your tubes in regular clean dishwater that has a little Dawn in it, then let them air-dry without rinsing.

I picked that up off the SGW-reloading board.

Also, leave he cap off your powder for a couple of hours before loading ... let it absorb a little humidity - that ABSOLUTELY helps.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.