1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Loading info, CIL C-300 Powder.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DeerSkip, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeerSkip

DeerSkip TS Member

I have a 10lbs. keg of CIL C-300 Powder, but I can't find any info.
    Could some of you knowledgable people be able to help?

Thanks in advance. Chris.

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Like Shawn said it was a good powder that was used back in the 70's. I hate to give loading info over the internet but I still use a powder bushing made by the late Don Monette that is marked C300 and it drops 19.5 gr Green Dot which I use all the time. I don't remember how much C300 that bushing dropped but it was a nice trap load at the time. Shawn, do a Google search for Spokane Gun Club and you will see that 2007 Inland Empire starts May 16th.

3. DeerSkip

DeerSkip TS Member

Thanks guys, I did a little more reading. On the can it says
    "3 dram equivalent 19.0 grains, 2 3/4 dram equivalent 17.5 grains".
    I then ran some through a #28 MEC bushing, which gives a 17.7g average drop.
    My next question is: Would you call this a clean burning powder, as compared to
    Promo, 700x, or Red Dot?

4. miketmx

Shawn, I think last year there was only 200 Doubles for the 5 days and no Doubles on Saturday or Sunday. It is a good idea to pre-squad by email to Lorenzo before the shoot. Since Steve and I are the same yardage we could maybe squad together. They will probably get 60 to 90 squads depending if Spokane has to do everything by themselves or if they get help from other member clubs in the Inland Empire Association which I am guessing has been reinstated. I'm still in Montana and didn't make it to the Mossleigh annual meeting because of bad road conditions.

5. miketmx

Chris, I would rate C-300 as in between Red Dot and Green Dot sort of like American Select. I think a MEC #28 bushing might drop a little light but you could start there and weigh the drop. My PW C300 bushing is close to a Ponsness J1 bushing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
c-300 powder
c300 equivalent powder

c300 powder

cil c300 gunpoder
cil c300 powder load data