1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Loading Gun Club 20 ga. Hulls on Spolar Gold

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shotgunner, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunner

shotgunner Member

Having some problems loading 20 Ga. gun club hulls on Spolar hydraulic loader. I am using 16 gr. of Universal and an RXP wad. On the upstroke the hydraulics will bind up to the point I have to complete the stroke by pulling on the black bracket that connects to the piston rod. This only happens about 30% of the time. Also the walls of two or three hulls per hundred will wrinkle.

Has anyone had similar problems ?

Joe

2. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Have you tried a shorter wad???? Sounds like you've got too much in the hull, when I load 20ga. I can only get about 11\16oz of shot in a std 7\8 wad. Ross Puls

3. shotgunner

shotgunner Member

Which wad is a shorter wad ? Thinking about trying Versalite by Downrange.

4. sixten38

sixten38 Member

When you bought the spolar, or the 20 ga tool head which shell wad combo did you give Carter as your preferred? My experience is that Win 20AAHS hulls are a bit shorter that remington hulls and if he set it up for Win AAHS that could be the problem, if so the crimp starter may need to be brought up a little. On my Spolar set up for Remington hulls I load 20ga gunclubs with WAA20 clones and Universal with no issue.

5. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

Please call, The Winchester 20 ga. strech in the middle after a while.
    Robert at the Office 800-227-9667 or my cell, I am in Utah, 909-553-5305
    Dicksie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.