1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Loading 3/4 oz for 12ga

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tcouch, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcouch

tcouch Member

Hello all,

Has anyone tried the Claybuster CB0175-12 wad yet? I'm looking for reloading data using Win209, AA hulls and promo powder. Alliant doesn’t support Promo for the lighter loads, they recommend Extra Lite. I really wanted to try these but now I’ve got to order a different powder and I just opened my 8lbs of Promo.

Tim

2. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

I've used this new wad in both Remington and Federal cases with Extra-Lite powder and 3/4 oz. of 8-1/2's at 16 yds. with excellent results. I talked with CB, and they recommend Extra-Lite, Red Dot, and Clay Dot for best results with 3/4 oz.

They seem to do the job, and a bag of shot lasts FOREVER!

3. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

The wad manufacturer has loading data with the wads and lists loads with Red Dot. Alliant says that Promo can be loaded grain for grain with Red dot data. I loaded WW hulls with 16 gr of Promo in place of the Red Dot. The data indicates 1250 fps with 16 gr Red dot. The load smokes 16 yard targets when you are on them but appears to have a little less margin for error.

4. Bertmuss

Bertmuss Member

Try the Extra Lite, I have and it works great on light loads. Burns clean and it doesn't take whole lot of it. I think you'll like it. RM

5. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

AA Hull/any med. strength primer/or Rem. hull
    3/4 oz. # 8 1/2
    X-Lite @ 16 grs.(approx. 1300fps.)
    CB - 0175-12 Wad

Burns super clean and was good on sporting out to 35 yds. FWIW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cb0175 - 12 load ing data