1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

loading 20 ga

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 686, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686

686 TS Member

this questing is for those that load on the 366 loader. getting my loading room cleaned up and reset up. i have not loaded any 20 ga in 4 yrs. as i remered aa hulls loaded good and the sts buckle a little at the bottom. i am using a 366 loader. after i load 500 aa i will try to do some re justing. i have aa wads and rpx. the rpx are shorter but the sts hulls are also deeper. that does not make sence. i think if i seet my wad deeper in the sts hull i will keep crimp prsurs off the top maybe not wrinkling the hull. with the aa wad it is loanger over all than the rpx so it is tuchey with the wad feeder rotating in to place as not to hit the seeting rod and top of hull. any help thanks charles

2. 686

686 TS Member

WHO LOADS 20 ga on a 366 loader? what hulls and wads woorks for you? thanks charles

3. TC

TC TS Member

Charles, watch the crimp station and the taper station to determine where the wrinkle is occuring then back off either the crimp or the taper as needed. It only takes a very slight amount of adjustment, usually less than you would think. Also, once a hull has wrinkled, it will always wrinkle the next time you load it. They never get better. I would mark them and throw away.

You will have to make adjustments for diferent length hulls, you cannot interchange without adjustment. Have used the same wads and combinations you are using. Adjust your wad seating to just move the wad pressure indicator. You don't need to crush the wads. Tony

4. BIG HOUSE

BIG HOUSE TS Member

I have a MEC 9000G in 20ga that loaded only 1500 shells or so.I also have about 1500 hulls and about 2000 wads, all for 375 plus shipping.

Thx BIG HOUSE

5. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

I DID load 20 on a 366. After too much PITA, I sold it, bought a MEC here and haven't look back.

6. 686

686 TS Member

corrected my problum last night. founf my wad guide could go 1/8 in lower and clear the top of the hull good. and with the rxp wad i could adjust the wad punch dowd and still clear both as the wad moves over the hull. this seated the wad deeper and have no buckle hulls. there is a small point where i can use the win wad and work, but easer with the rem wad. thanks to all and maybe this may help some one else. thanks charles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.