1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

load date needed for old wads!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gasman03, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gasman03

gasman03 Member

I have a bunch of old wads I got from a guy and I was wondering if anyone has any load data for them. I have a C-112 wad I believe it is from Canadian Industries. I also have the old Versalite wads (RED) I have some (GREEN) Verelite wads also. I also have a ton of old hulls also. Some are Browning,"AA" "RXP" and several more. Any help of info would be great.

Thanks Corey

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

The old Versalite wads might be OK with current Versalite data. The "AA" hulls can be used with current Winchester AA data as long as they are the plastic compression formed variety. The RXP hulls were Remington's predecessor to the Premier hull variety. They are almost identical in dimensions to the newer Remington hulls and the "STS" data should be OK for them. I looked at several sources of loading data a few years back, and found the data to be the same for the RXP hulls and the newer Premiers and STS hulls. I have a few thousand RXP hulls left from years ago and they seemed to perform just fine. I just don't use any load that is listed to develop more than about 10,000 PSI or about 9500 LUPs. The C-112 wads or the Green Verelite wads, I can't help you with, since I can't locate my older load books at the moment.

3. gasman03

gasman03 Member

I have an old Lyman reloading book and I was looking at it and I did notice that alot of the pressures were very high and that was also my concern. Maybe it might be a good idea to leave the wads for somone else.

Corey

4. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

The old books were in LUPS not PSI, if my memory is correct?

Take care,

Jim

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

k3uro:

Most old data is indeed in LUPS, and your memory apparently still works well enough to remember that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
old wads

red verelite wad loading data