1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LOAD DATA NEEDED

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SR1, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SR1

SR1 TS Member

Go to the hodgdon website you can get the info you want.

2. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

gmag I enter the site above enter the information(using 1 1/8oz of lead and there are Federal hull listed there and they do list Windjammer wads

Enter the info and they come up at the very bottom of the page the last three entries are what you seem to want. "?"

Bob Lawless

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

gmag

"Thanks for the help but I was looking for 1 oz load data"

Well maybe you learned something you can't get what you want unless you ask for it....LOL

BTW I am not sure they make a windjammer wad in 1oz. I haven't loaded those in years and when I did I only loaded 1 1/8oz.

Bob Lawless

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

The Top Gun hull has a big boiler room. You may be better off loading 1 1/8 ounce if you have a bunch of those wads, or get a wad suitable for your needs.

5. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

you can substitute the Lightening wad for the windjammer.

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I would recommend the Federal 12S0 wad or clone for 1 oz loads. I used 18.0 to 19.5 grains of Clays for a range from 1175 to 1250 fps. With the Windjammer 1oz. wads, I don't have much data to go on, but I did try 18.2 grains of Clays with the Federal 209A primer. It clocked a little under 1200 fps, if my notes are correct. The crimps were less than desirable and took a bit of tweaking to get them right. I have had much better results with the Federal wads in these hulls. Both the 12S0 and the 12S3 work great in the larger capacity straight tubes like the Federals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.