1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Load data needed for WW AA LIte

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GoldEx, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I am curious if anybody is using this powder in a Federal Top Gun or Estate with fiber base wad hull with an ounce or preferably a 7/8 ounce load at 1125-1145 FPS. The on-line data does not list anthing yet. I am looking for a load for 1st shot on doubles to just shoot and dump. I have Federal 12S0's,CB4100 (1oz Windjammers) and WW AA12L (gray wads) and WW AA12SL (Pinks)Also have lots of the Cheddite Style (Centurion, Nobelsport etc. hulls to use as well)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jeff

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

16.5 Grs WWAA-Lite w/ Fed 12 SO wad Winchester Primer equals 1125 Fps
    and 6500psi which is low pressures and that is why they don't list 7/8th oz loads, pressure would be too low.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

In what hull??

4. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Sure it is listed ... carefully disguised as FGM data.

You can use that data, as-is, for any straight-wall with plastic basewad, and, again, as-is for 7/8 or 1oz interchangeably. The 7/8 will be a little faster, but not pattern-blowing faster.

For the fiber basewad, since it is softer and absorbs some pressure, you can add a teeny more powder if you want.

Wads matter - A LOT - in straight-wall hulls, and matter even more in light loads, and you'll have your best consistency with the 12C0. (there's another thread on this very subject today, I believe).

If you don't like your crimps on 7/8th in the 12C0, and want to shoot light, get a bag or two of the Gulandi REX, Spark and G1227 and the B&P T-2. Yummm.

Bob

5. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Thanks a bunch! I need to get the rest of my stuff loaded tonite for Cardinal Center next week.

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1125 fps trap load data

winchester aa 1145 fps load data