1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LOAD DATA HELP NEEDED ?????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by captin, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captin

captin TS Member

I had a friend give me 5000 12 Ga New primed Blue Rio hulls and 5000 BPI Z 21 Trap comander wads. Wanted to load em up 1200 FPS 1 1/8 with Int clays,,,,BUT that won't work don't fit any way !!!!

Need load data and can not find any.

Help with powder you have tried and know it works , shoots pretty clean and good....

Mabe Winchester super HC ?? I don't know

Need it soon so I can Buy a different powder if I need to and get some loaded and try em before leaving for the Dixie...

I'll send my email through a PM if you need to email some onfo to me or what ever.

THANKS for anyone that can help me.

captin

2. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

My BPI book shows Z21 wad, Rio hull, Int Clays as:

20 grains = 1155 fps

21 grains = 1200 fps

Both are 1 1/8oz loads with a Rio-209 primer.

Mike C.

3. captin

captin TS Member

Thanks cunninmp, I tried that with 20.5 grains of Int clays and it don't take up enough space, when crimped it won't close up nor even close. Leaves a hole in the middle big as a pincil.

4. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

The third panel of the above BPI .pdf file has a few loads.

Mike's suggestion above makes plenty of sense, too.

RIO is a Cheddite hull, and Hodgdon has a lot of load data for that. The Fed12S3 and Fio T1 are ballistically very similar wads to the B&P Z21 (Trap Commander).

Bob

5. captin

captin TS Member

I measured the Trap commander wads I have and they are the same height and space between the powder and shot as a green duster wad. Found a picture of en on cump and they look like the clear white Z21 wad and came in a big box of 5000 with B&P and Z2/M stamped on the box.

The Blue hulls I have are low brass and blue with 12 stamped on the case head with stars between the 12.

with 20.5 grains of Int clays you can put in at least 1 1/4 oz of shot WAY too much space for 1 1/8 of shot.

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Did you try adjusting your reloading press? Try lowering the starter crimp. HMB

7. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

I struggled with the Rio loading problem for quite some time before coming up with a consistant load. If you are shootiong mostly 16 yd. or sporting, try this 1 oz. recipe. Rio 209 primer, 20.5 gr. Green Dot, CB2100 wad, 1 oz. 7.5 or 8.0 shot.

Not all Rio cases are Cheddite, only the ones that have 4 stars embossed on the base. The problem is that the plastic base wad in the Rio case is abnormally high and most wads will seat on the lip of the base wad and not compress the powder so you get a complete ignition burn. The CB2100 in combination with Green Dot seems to solve the problem. So far, I've shot over 2,000 rounds without one blooper or off-sounding shell. Chronographed, they go out the door at an average of 1180 fps with no signs of pressure problems.

I shoot a lot of FITASC, where 1 oz. is mandated. This load will break 60 yd. crossers consistently (if I do my part, which is not always) with an IM choke. At 16 yds. with a Mod choke it smokes targets.

Winter is coming. If you have nothing else to do on those long, cold night, give it a try. :) Good luck, and smoke 'em.

Mike

8. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

I struggled with the Rio loading problem for quite some time before coming up with a consistant load. If you are shootiong mostly 16 yd. or sporting, try this 1 oz. recipe. Rio 209 primer, 20.5 gr. Green Dot, CB2100 wad, 1 oz. 7.5 or 8.0 shot.

Not all Rio cases are Cheddite, only the ones that have 4 stars embossed on the base. The problem is that the plastic base wad in the Rio case is abnormally high and most wads will seat on the lip of the base wad and not compress the powder so you get a complete ignition burn. The CB2100 in combination with Green Dot seems to solve the problem. So far, I've shot over 2,000 rounds without one blooper or off-sounding shell. Chronographed, they go out the door at an average of 1180 fps with no signs of pressure problems.

I shoot a lot of FITASC, where 1 oz. is mandated. This load will break 60 yd. crossers consistently (if I do my part, which is not always) with an IM choke. At 16 yds. with a Mod choke it smokes targets.

Winter is coming. If you have nothing else to do on those long, cold night, give it a try. :) Good luck, and smoke 'em.

Mike

9. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

Mike

10. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

Mike

11. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

Sorry fror the quadruplication. It's TDC's fault.

12. captin

captin TS Member

Thanks guys, All the hulls I have were primed when I got em.

I'll try that losd notquite. But I wanted to load 1 1/8 for HC in these hulls.

hmb I tried adjus the loader but there is still too much room in the case for the load with Int clays.

The hulls have a low base wad compared to Rem hulls.

13. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Drop a couple of dried navy beans in the shot cup before you drop your shot.

Wayne

14. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You could try using a 1 oz wad like a TGT12 to take up the extra room in the hull. HMB

15. captin

captin TS Member

Da$$ Wayne, that might be a poot load, ooops I mean a pooper !!! hahahaha

I might have to just try a different wad or bulker powder.

I think I'm gone give BPI a call tomorrow before I buy any powder just for these hulls and wads.

Thanks

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Use PB, very bulky.

Titewad is bulky too but too fast for 1 & 1/8 oz loads.

HM

17. captin

captin TS Member

Thanks halfmile, that's what I needed to know. I have never used PB but always heard good things bout it.

I heard it is a little higher in price but never heard anyone say bad bout it..

18. captin

captin TS Member

I got it all worked out, My Mec 9000 H would not adjust the crimp starter down low enough BUT I got out another 9000 G I have not used but a few times. The cam for the crimp starter had plenty of adjust room, got it adjusted and the load with 21 grains of Int clays works perfect !!

hmb thanks for the hint on adjusting the crimp starter.

cunninmp, Thanks for the info on the load data.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

12 ga loads with trap commander wads

bpi z21 trap commander wad

bpi z21 wads

commander wad b&p

rio hull load data

trap commander wad