1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

load data for 'dropper' hulls

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by quicky, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quicky

quicky Member

Jan 29, 1998
    load data for

I want to load some hulls to take with me on shoots where I travel by auto for some distance. Something I can drop and not haul home. Have White Rhinos, Federal Gold Medal, Fiocchi, Fed. Top Guns, etc. Most have the paper base wad. I was wondering if the Federal S3 wad was the correct choice for the straight wall case.

I am loading 20 gns of Green Dot with a Rio primer. Should be somewhere near 1200 fps I suppose. Is the S3 the correct wad for this? Also wonder about the Federal cases with the plastic base wad, which wad in this case?

Thanks, Quicky
  2. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

Jul 9, 2007
    central ohio
    The 12S3 wad will work for any of the hulls you listed. Works best with straight sided hulls like the Rhinos, Top Guns, and Gold Medals. They will work just fine in both paper bases and plastic as long as they are straight sided hulls. Book says 20 grains of greendot in a gold medal, white rhino, fiocchi or any other straight walled, plastic based hulls should be 1200fps. For top guns use 20.5 grains to get the same speed because of the paper base.. AJ
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.