1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Load data for Active T-28 wad?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by poacherjoe, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Could anyone please give me some load data for these wads? I picked up 500 wads from a friend and I can't find any data that will work for me.

2. vatrap

vatrap Member

Joe,

Are you sure they are T-28 wads? I have a couple of Activ books and that's not listed.

Mike

3. poacherjoe

Yes,!00 % positive. I have found some data in an old book but it uses the old Rem. unibody hull.The wads are green in color.I want to use the powders that I have in stock which are 700X red dot WST clay dot green dot 800X herco unique.

The Fackler and McPherson manual has several recipies but none with the powders that I currently have in stock.

4. vatrap

vatrap Member

Joe,

Can you attach a picture, I have a bunch of TG-30 and TG-32 wads but don't think I have ever seen a T-28? I'll check some of my older manuals tonight and see if they list anything. I used to shoot Activ shells a lot back in the early 90's and have some of the older factory reloading tables out in the garage.

Mike

5. poacherjoe

Noduck: Did the book say interchangable?I knew that it replaced it but there is a big difference in the wad.
    The TG-30=1.713" total length and the shot cup=.716"
    The T-28=1.602" total length and the shot cup = .672"
    There is also a difference in weight of 7 grains.
    Vatrap: I will have to wait until my computer savy wife gets home to post a picture.This is beyond my ability at present.
    I found a load using the wad with 22 grains of 700X at 1365 fps with 1 1/8 oz shot.Sounds like a fence load! The F&M manual I mentioned above shows several 1 oz applications using R. Scot D and Solo 1000 and Scot 453 and Red Diamond powder which I do not have.

6. vatrap

vatrap Member

Joe,

In looking further in the book I have at the office, it states the same as John's.
    It just says the TG-30 replaces the L-33, T-28 and L-29, no mention of whether you can substitute the same load data. I have already sent an email to one of the former Activ reps that still lives in the area, he may still have some of the older load data books.

Mike

7. vatrap

vatrap Member

Joe

I checked out the other older reloading manuals I had at home and could not find any specific reloading data (Reloading for Shotgunners, 2nd edition)for the T-28 wad, if you could find somebody with the 3rd edition it may have some better reloading data.

I did check with the former Activ rep and Dave was sure that the TG=30 data was suitable for the T-28 however I can't find any printed data to support that conclusion.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, maybe one of the other Activ reloaders on here has one of the older reloading manuals.

Mike

8. poacherjoe

Thanks Mike, I will continue to look for data and maybe end up tossing the wads! I hate to waste anything .

9. vatrap

vatrap Member

Joe,

Are you trying to use them in Activ hulls? If you decide to toss them, I'll trade you some 12SO, or 12S3 or TGT-12 wads for them, current loading data is available for all three especially for Red Dot. I'd like to have some just for the curiosity value.

Mike

10. poacherjoe

Mike: I do have the Active hulls and if I can't find any load data we might make a trade.PM me with your mailing info.Regards Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
tg-30 wad replacement

activ t-32 wad load data

activ tg-30 wads
active reloading data
picture of activ wads
substitute wad for activ w28