1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LL Bean 2010 Collector's Knife for Xmas

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by senorric, Jul 11, 2012.

1. senorric

senorric Member

0   0   0

As described by L.L. Bean:
    "The beauty, quality, and simplicity of our 2010 Collector's Knife make it a true classic. The bird and trout fixed-blade design boasts a Damascus steel blade. 512 layers of carbon steel have been folded and twisted into one another forged and polished to expose the unique pattern. The blade is decorated with scrollwork of a ruffed grouse and trout fly, as well as the L.L. Bean logo and year. Traditional red stag horn handle is accented with a solid brass guard and pommel cap. Solid tupelo presentation box is adorned with beautifully rendered images of a ruffed grouse and trout burned into the lid. A ruffed grouse feather and dry fly are featured of the inside of the lid."
    The blade measures 3" and the leather sheath which is included is marked Spain. Also included is the original cover box as pictured. Nothing in this set was made in China!!!!! L.L. Bean issued price was $199.

The pictures in this listing are representative as this particular knife was sold. The knife is new, unused and has not been resharpened. Price is $135 shipped to your door by Priority Mail. This very high quality knife would make a great present to the sportsman/woman and/or knife collector in your life.

Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. oz

oz Active Member

0   0   0

I can't believe LL bean had a dmascus blade etched!!!!!

3. senorric

senorric Member

0   0   0

Yup but it's VERY shallow. You can easily see the Damascus grain through it. It's something L.L. Bean adds to all their specialty knives, even their Buck offerings --------------

4. Urbans

Urbans Member

0   0   0

Rick, Would you happen to have a copy of the LL Bean catalog, would be nice to display @ the auction? Thank you.

5. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

0   0   0

I have the Briley LM Ext choke you were looking for in another thread. It is not the black one, it is the polished one. send me a pm if you are int. $40.00 plus shipping
    JerryW

6. Urbans

Urbans Member

0   0   0

7. Harmen

Harmen TS Member

0   1   0

I have interest in your knife,I live in Maine,how does a $100.00 sound to you for your knife,thank you,Buzz Mendoza.207-643-2030.

8. big-o

big-o Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Sending a PM. H.C.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Good things come to those who wait and wait and wait.

10. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

grntitan---You're right---Patience is the answer if you're not preasured to sell.George@SJB

11. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

Hey genius, there's a hidden message in the fact that your knife got 9000+ views over 16 month and nobody paid your asking price. Think real hard and it will come to you.

-Gary

12. senorric

senorric Member

0   0   0

Gary,
    Thanks very much for your interest and comment in my listing. I've sold 4 of these knives already to satisfied buyers. This is the 5th knife I have for sale. That's why I've stated "The pictures in this listing are representative as this particular knife was sold." This is a high quality (not Chinese made junk) Damascus steel knife at a very reasonable price and below L.L. Bean retail offering. (Using Google, I found 2 other offerings, one for $190 and the other, $200). As an added plus, I pay for the "Priority Mail" shipping. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  13. IndianaTrapShooter

IndianaTrapShooter TS Member

0   0   0

one thing wrong with the knife MADE IN CHINA

14. senorric

senorric Member

0   0   0

???? Strange comment from IndianaTrapShooter (A.K.A. Timothy Chase May) as I clearly describe the knife as NOT being made in China and I have a photo of the end panel of the LL Bean box which clearly shows the knife being MADE IN SPAIN. This is a high quality Damascus steel knife. Regardless, Timothy Chase May, thanks for the bump -----

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  15. triton21

triton21 Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Sent a PM

Search tags for this page

2010 ll bean collector knife

2014 collectors knife bean

bean 2014 collector knife

ll bean collectors knife

ll bean knife