1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutics- Best ever?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TrapCrazy, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

Well I have to say that I purchased my 2nd used ljutic the other day off a board member and all I can say is that I was pleased with the transaction and the gun. It was a 1974 monogun and tonight I shot it for the first time. The gun is considerably different than my dynokic in trigger pull and swing but overall it is a nice target crusher. I don't know what it is about them but I sure do like them alot. I've had all kinds of trap guns. 870's, 1100's, k80's and numerous BT-99's and for some reason I find that I enjoy shooting the ljutics the most. I just feel more confident with the ljutic in my hand.

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Good for you...nothing better...

3. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

Made in the USA. :)

4. Tony Fortino

Tony Fortino Member

to each, his own is the name of the game

but tis a great gun forsure

5. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Ljutic makes the best Trap gun. You can spend more money, but you can't buy a better gun.

I would walk over a pile of K-80s to get to one 37 year old Ljutic.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The only problem with Ljutic is they do not retain any resale value ... I have a two barrel Mono gun set on here and can't sell it for give away money ... So, if you know anyone looking for a great gun at a very realistic price tell them to get a hold of me ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

Who cares about resale if you buy the right one! I know my K80 didn't hold a candle to my dynokic! As for resale, I don't know if I'd buy a new ljutic or any gun new for that matter, there is so many guns for good deals it is almost stupid to buy a new one. Guns that have good resale are used ones you pickup for a nice price. I personally have never lost any money on any of the trap guns I have bought used.

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

After you buy one, who cares about resale value. I've been shooting mine week- in and week-out for over 25 years. And it was used when I bought it. But, I have to admit having it rebuilt two years ago. But, only after hundreds of thousands of rounds. Even a Ljutic needs a bluing job and a couple of new springs after that long.

9. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

Yeah the one that I bought from 1974 was completely rebuilt in 1997. It locks up extremely tight.

From Nadine!
    Mono Gun “Trap” #XXX was shipped to Hirams of El Cajon on 6/27/74. The last owner of record was a gentleman from New York. The gun had a 34” BBL; open or light full choke. Stock measurements were 1-3/8 x 1-3/8 x 1-3/4, Monte Carlo Style. Cast Off: 15” Long Forcing Cone, Impact: 60-40, Med Rib with a step ramp. Cast Off 1/8”. This gun was completely rebuilt in 11-97. The Bore was .735.

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Well, I for one obviously care about resale at give away prices which is why I mentioned it ... If you check out the "for sale" portion on TS.Com there are a few others that must care about it also ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Currently a lot of guns are having low resale prices. Silver Seitz for < $7000, Alfermanns @ $5000, Ljutics for 2-$3000. It's a buyers market. AJ

12. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

I agree with it being a buyers market. I'd really like to buy a stainless ljutic too for the collection but my wife would really kill me then.....

13. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

The resale value on Ljutics is not that out of line the older guns were not that expensive new back then. They do not have the mid rib design no hooded barrel most shoot 60/40 70/30 poi all these things are not bad if the gun fits you but hurt the resale price as nice mid rib guns range 2200 to 3000 hurting the older flat rib guns. Also I was told the triggers are not all the same older triggers do not fit some of the later guns. There have been improvements made over the years mid rib,, olympic rib adjustable ribs, lighter weight all these things make up the present price structure.

14. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

I am fortunate to own the very first Ljutic Mono Gun produced in Washington. It is a 1965 model and it functions flawlessly and absolutely smokes targets from the 16 to the 27 with ease. What other product can you name that is forty-six years old and performs the very same way now that it did the day it came from the manufacturer? I am sure there are some, but this type of longevity and performance is indeed rare.

There is a gentleman at the club where I shoot who is 84 years old and has been shooting trap since he was 16. For the past 44 years he has shot two guns. Both were Ljutic's and he still owns them both. He always smiles when he mentions that neither has ever failed and the only maintenance ever performed was on the older one and that consisted of new springs.

Love em or hate em, you just can't seem to break em!

15. Mono3811

Mono3811 Member

I always read the threads about Ljutics and low resale with interest. I've owned 9 of them over a 40 year period, and never lost more on them than any other gun. I look at it this way. A Perazzi TM9 RETAILS for 10,350.00 and you can buy one for about 7,000.00. I saw one yesterday for 6,595.00 new. So, if you can buy the new gun for 7,000.00, Perazzi has already depreciated it by 30% before you purchased it. A new fixed rib Ljutic RETAILS for 7,495.00. Most Ljutics get sold for at or near the retail price. Shoot it for a while and get 5,500.00 when it is sold. That's also a 30% depreciation.

I've been in or around the retail gun business for most of my life, and one basic tenet holds true regarding dealers and used guns. Buy a new gun for 100.00. When you go back to trade it or sell it, it's already worth 20% as a used gun, unfired or not. The dealer has to figure his mark-up to stay in business, and that's usually about 30%. So, your used gun is worth about 56.00 to him. The numbers vary a little bit, but if you look at the dealer websites, you'll see this is pretty accurate. End of my sermon for the day.

16. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Guns are like cars,everyone has his favorite. Its good for competion. Your product has to be good to stay in business. Clyde

17. dhip

dhip Active Member

WPT

What do you consider give away money? I'll pay the actual shipping plus $100,is that give away?

LMAO,

Doug H.

18. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

I agree I love shooting the ljutics. Yesterday my Dynokic won me some meat! All in all I have more confidence in shooting my ljutic. They are great guns..

It won 2 nice roasts at the Boulder Valley Meat Shoot on Sunday.

[​IMG]

19. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

A friend of mine bought this Ljutic used from a fellow in VA. He had it rebuilt and came in 2nd in the handicap at the NC State Shoot in 2010.

FRedmon

20. WIN12 MAN

WIN12 MAN TS Member

Been shooting Ljutics for 20 yeras ... own 2 space guns ..
    Selka space gun & bolt gun /// built like tanks & smoke targets .
    Only thing that wears out is the shooter ..

American made <> great guns.

Win

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.