1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by butcher, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butcher

butcher Member

What is the best model of ljutic? How is the new model with the high ajustable rib? Where can you trade reasonably?

2. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

charger, all models of ljutic are great. the space gun really didn't catch on because of its odd look. The dynokick is a great gun but alot of people didn't like the stocks that were put on them. the model you see the most of is the standard mono gun. as for the new adjustable rib, I have tried to shoot one but they are much lighter than the centennial that i shoot, and therefore i felt alot more recoil. I have seen a couple of people shoot the new guns but they use very very light shells. there are a couple of good places to trade, but unfortunatly ljutics don't hold there value very well. joel etchens has a couple of ljutics including the new adjustable rib. Lynn gipson is another good seller as well as hi grade shooters. Now if you are interested I have a high shooting Ljutic centennial mono I would be willing to trade. I hope i could help :) aj ansley.

3. Mono3811

Mono3811 Member

Charger,
    Over almost 40 years, I've owned 8 Ljutics. They've all been either flat ribs or the mid rib. All Monos are the same gun except for rib height. There
    have been several deluxe guns offered, the Dixie Special, the LTD2000, and
    others, but he mechanics are all the same.

If you live in the Northeast, call Joe Cimino at North Atlantic Sportsman.
    His number is 203-268-7879. He will give you a great deal and knows as much as any dealer selling trap guns today. You'll also have a good time visiting with him.

Dick Richards

4. lgunluvr

lgunluvr Member

They're all great guns! Try all the models, as they have different handling characteristics. Used ones will save you a ton of money. I bought mine new, and don't regret it, it has been reliable, not a problem in 6 years.

5. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

I'm far from a champion but add me to the list of happy Ljutic owners. Bought a mono gun last year. A low rib,adj comb, .040" full older model in stainless.
    As previously stated; recoil is a non issue. I can use 3 dram loads for HCP without getting beaten up. My scores are UP as well. They flat WORK.

FN in MT

6. JD Jake

JD Jake Member

Is it true that with a Ljutic you need to use the more expensive ammo with brass because cheaper shells will "stick" or "catch" in the chamber after being fired? I'm considering a used Ljutic, but if true this seems to be a significant draw back. Jake

7. Mono3811

Mono3811 Member

I've read several posts here about the econo shell issue. I keep the chamber
    real clean and never had a problem with Top Gun, Rio, or Gun Club shells in
    several different Ljutics. Maybe I've been lucky.

8. TRAINWRECK

TRAINWRECK TS Member

I have a couple of very nice ones to sell. If you are interested send me a PM

9. furface

furface Member

I shoot Estate, Gun Club, STS & AA all with the same ease from a MonoTC. Love that long shotstring. Shot 3rd gun in 27yd custers with 7/8oz 8's and ripped them. They are a great gun. Only been shooting it for 4 months, jumped up a class and 1 yard and been bouncing against another yard. Wish I could afford a Bigun too. Good luck, Joe

10. elinvar

elinvar Member

Hello
    I have 2 new Adj rib models arriving next week- Also have a safe full of good used ones that need a new home.
    Feel free to call me for more info- I do take trades as well
    Terry Jones
    Terry's Gun Vault
    Ljutic Dealer central/southern Illinois
    217-433-9885

11. butcher

butcher Member

Do the new guns have trouble ejecting cheap shells? How about Winchester super trap?

12. Mono3811

Mono3811 Member

The newest Ljutic I've owned is serial 3846, made in April 2008. As I said
    above, I have no problems with Top Gun, Gun Club, or Win Super Target. There
    was a post on TS.com a while back which traced the ejection problem to a
    tapered chamber. The front of the chamber was said to be smaller than the rear, which caused shells to stick. Hope this helps.

13. glenns

glenns Member

These goods look great.

Are these guns good because they shoot high? Don't other guns do that?

Is it the high rib enable the gun to shoot say 70/30?

14. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I have a Pro 3 LTX that has AAA fancy wood, choke tubes, adjustable comb, and ported barrel. The receiver is brushed and has drilled lighting holes inside the receiver's edge. I am using a pull trigger, but also have a release for it. The gun weighs almost 9 lbs, but it is so well balanced, it feels like it weights around 6 lbs.

It has a 90/10 pattern eats about any shell without problem. The only shells I have had stick in the chamber are my reloads and they are few and far between. These guns are over-built and and a real joy to shoot. I would recommend one to any shooter who can afford one.