1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SARGE75X, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

OK so last night I go to the club and managed somehow to come home with a Ljutic. Its a 34" with Olympic Rib and it says Ljutic Mono Gun on the bottom. I ran some 1oz reloads thru it and shot it well but the Gun Club reloads would not eject which the previous owner and several others say is a common problem with this gun. The problem is it came with one choke tube, it says Ljutic on it and thats all. The previous owner said its a Full, looking at it from the muzzle end it looks to be bored off center.?? Anyways I checked the Briley and Carlson web site and they make a ton of tubes for different guns but no listing for Ljutic?? I was told last night I can get additional tubes from Ljutic but theyre $150.00 each, thats pretty steep for a choke tube, does anybody know where I can get a IM and a Mod tube. I was also told this is a 740 bore. Thanks!

2. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

PM sent

3. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

uuuhhhh try Ljutic?? 509-248-0476.

As for the Gun club shells sticking....Ljutics chambers are on the tight side of tolerances, plus "B" grade shell brass tends to expand after ignition. Nothing wrong with the gun. It's a clay grinder. You should never need another
    single barrel trap gun. It'll last all of your lifetime and well into your kids lifetime as well.

Good luck.

4. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I've owned a Ljutic Mono-gun for about 5 years now and it is definitely a tank. Once you dial it in, you'll never regret buying the gun. There are only three moving parts in the trigger (and one of the fastest on the market) and they are a breeze to clean and maintain.

The steel based shells expand too much and will stick in my Ljutic. Although I have a buddy that shoots a mono-gun and he pumps the Federal steel shells through his gun with no problems. But it is JUST the Federals. The cheap Winchesters will stick every time. That's why I reload nothing but Winchester AA's and Remington Golds with the brass base.

As far as the chokes, there aren't many manufacturers that will produce chokes for Ljutic's. I used to buy Wright's chokes for my Ljutic, but I heard that Ljutic threatened them with a lawsuit for using their name on the Wright's chokes. So they stopped selling them. Wright's may still have some in stock and it wouldn't hurt to call and find out, They were $55 each from Wright's, and $150 each from Ljutic.

Good luck,

Kevin

5. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

uuuhhh try Ljutic?? Like I said in my post Id like to avoid spending $150 on a choke tube, Ive always had good patterns with Briley at 1/3 the cost. Anyways heres some pics
    sarge75x_2008_100413.jpg

6. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Heres the tube that came with it

7. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

AS far as the shells I guess the brand new AAs I set aside for my wife now belong to the Ljutic. A couple flats of Nitro 27s as well, love those shells, wackers!

8. Bucko43

Interesting choke. That's not a Ljutic or a Wright's choke. Maybe somebody can identify the manufacturer. But the website above is what the Wright's chokes look like and the Ljutic chokes don't look anything lke that.

9. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

I had a "conflict of interest" with Mr Wright and wont buy or use anything with his name on it.

10. Bucko43

Maybe you should post a thread under WTB and list the chokes you want to buy.

11. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Good idea

12. elinvar

elinvar Member

I have several new Ljutic tubes for sale- let me know what you need and I will see what I have.
    Terry Jones
    217-433-9885
    tgunvault@mediacombb.net

13. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Thanks Terry I will call you tomarrow, for a heads up I want a LM, IM and a Full. I did talk to "Gary" at Briley today they will make me extended tubes based off the one I have at $85 ea. I also talked to Tron this afternoon and he will be installing a Gracoil next week for me. Yeah I know mucking up another gun.

14. MikeInNPR

MikeInNPR Member

Sarge,
    I have a stainless Ljutic that occasionally had trouble ejectig some of the economy shells. Even with a clean barrel after the first 50 or so, they would start to stick. I cured the problem by carrying along a brass chamber brush that I would hit the chamber with in-between rounds. Cheapest fix for that issue I could hope for. Hopefully it helps you too.

15. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Thanks I'll give it a try, I read in a archive article to wipe the heads with a oiled wipe down rag and I'm going to mic my reloads and make sure the resizer on my 9000G is doing its job