1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rooferbob, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that since the new owners took over Ljutic LLC that all the customer service and quality has went out the window?
    Rooferbob!

2. WindyOneNW

WindyOneNW TS Member

I am concerned also.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

It appears that Ljutic's publicity stunt thread disappeared.

We all saw what took place though. Can delete the thread but you can't un-see it.

Matt

4. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

OK. So what was the publicity stunt. I missed the post.

Phil

5. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Ok, here's my two cents, about a year ago the rib on my Ljutic came loose, I sent it to Ljutic, and got a call from Jimmy saying the best bet for me was to do their complete rebuild special, I agreed and ask him to tune up my release trigger, he was happy to do that, by the way the trigger job was great, after my gun was returned to me I went to the range for a little try out, put a shell in, set the trigger and called PULL, CLICK, HUUMMMMMM that was one of my reloads did I by chance get the primer set too deep? not a mark on the primer, stuck another shell in,set the trigger PULL! CLICK, shit, on inspection I found I did not have a firing pin, spring or retainer screw, its 4pm in Florida and I know I have time to make the call, needless to say Jimmy was embarassed, could not believe that the gun had got out of the plant that way, he overnighted me two of everything, pins springs and retainer screws, SUNDAY is ATA day at our range so off to shoot I go.

During the singles event I am having trouble getting my trigger to set, I close a break open very easy, and with the LJUTIC I would hold the accuator in until I had the gun closed, HUMMMM mabe since its all rebuilt I need to snap it shut, BOOOOOOMMMMM!!!! damn thing went off when I closed it, thats it, out comes the other gun. I called Jimmy, he had me pull the coking rod and read him the numbers on the flat, no numbers, gotta be numbers, no numbers Jimmy, oh hell you have one of our early cocking rods, I will send you one out with apologies that I accepted. Next day I get a new cocking rod, a spare screw for every one in a Ljutic and a bunch of choke O rings.

Thats my story, I sold the gun shortly after, did they make it right, Oh Yeah they did. Was I a satisfied customer? Not really, for the cost and who I was dealing with I expected more.

MY Rant is over,

Rick

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I guess advertising $$ will buy a lot of things.

Unless the new owners have deep pocket books, they go way of the dodo bird here in a couple of years. No word gets around quicker than bad service!

ss

7. grntitan

ss---You don't suppose that flashing banner at the top right had anything to do with that thread disappearing do you?? Nahhhhh Surely not...................

Matt

8. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Gentlemen, I submit, without going into details, that there are indeed, two sides to every story.

I do believe there is a reason why Ljutic and SGS parted company and it may not be what you think or want to think.

Hauxfan!

9. grntitan

"Gentlemen, I submit, without going into details, that there are indeed, two sides to every story"

Its not about who, what or why. Its about the chickensh!t way Ljutic went about informing SGS of the ending relationship.

Matt

10. Hauxfan

And Matt, how do you know that is true?

Do you have proof of how they were informed?

Hauxfan!

11. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

And I assume you know for sure how they were notified. Or is that just a CS guess.

jim brown

12. grntitan

Well the thread is gone now but on it SGS themselves posted and admitted it was the way they were informed. Thats where i got my info. Are you suggesting SGS lied?

Matt

13. Hauxfan

It boggles my mind that everyone is so quick to judge Ljutic as the bad guys here without knowing all of the facts and only hearing one side of the story.

All I stated is that there are two sides to every story.

I do believe it.

Hauxfan!

14. Big Dog Dad

Big Dog Dad Active Member

A month ago, I was 100 percent sure that I was going to get a Ljutic (used of course, let someone else take that initial depreciation). That percentage is slowly going down, but I will wait until I get the whole story; and I do mean the whole story. Every day I am amazed at how greed, and nothing but greed drives this country. I do not begrudge someone making a profit, but when that profit is the only force driving your company, it's time for me to move on to the next choice. I firmly believe that if this country continues on the path it's on, we will be a third world nation. Not in my lifetime, but I'm 64, so I don't believe I have a whole lot of time left and really am glad that I won't see this movement reach it's ultimate goal. Take a look at the slums of a country like India and I think you're looking at the future of this once great country.

-=BDD=-

15. biff

biff Active Member

Hauxfan, are you being coy in the fact that YOU are giving the impression YOU know all the facts about this situation which leave all of TS.Com and Ljutic owners guessing?

I have enjoyed knowing and working with both SGS and the Ljutic family and it is my greatest wish to see this All American Company to thrive and grow with continued service and some new great trap guns as they have in the past. I wish for the new owners to value the history and develop new technology to help this fine company grow. I would hate to see Ljutic go down the drain as some kind of tax write off and certainly hope they have the finances to keep it going even though it won't be a huge return investment for them! Biff

16. grntitan

Rick--Perhaps your right. I guess soon we will be learning of our loved ones or faimly members deaths via a post on a forum. Sad the way things are changing.

Matt

17. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

This thread was NOT, by any means directed towards the deal between SGS and Ljutic! As I originally stated "is it just me or has anyone else noticed that since the new owners took over quality and service has went out the window"

I do not pretend or even want to know what happened beteween them! I do own 4 ljutic shotguns and shoot one on a regular basis!
    I am referring to a number of Ljutic customers that are ranting and raving over piss poor customer service and poor quality control of products that are being sent out of their plant! Hopefully some of these guys will chime in and tell some of their problems in dealing with Ljutic.

Rooferbob!

18. Hauxfan

biff, I don't know if I know all of the facts, but I think I do know a few more facts than have been presented on this discussion board.

But, I am not at liberty to tell anyone what those facts are.

Sorry, but that's as much as I can say. I hope you understand.

Hauxfan!

19. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

I have no problem with any type of notification over the internet/email/PM/IM/whatever. But...this is a PUBLIC forum, the way it was posted was no different than standing up in a crowded restaurant and yelling it out. It was meant to humiliate or embarrass the recipient. We all know that was the whole point.....that's all I have to say about that.

20. jrb100

jrb100 Member

Y series model 12 a Flop? GMAFB!!! Maybe not as popular as pre. 64 models, but a flop?

joe