1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic x73 v Mono What Are the Differences

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cimmaronkid, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cimmaronkid

cimmaronkid TS Member

Looking to buy a good used Ljutic and would like to know what the main difference(s)between the X73 and the Mono. Thanks. Pat

2. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Weight, different thickness of the receiver walls, holes drilled in it, (to make it weigh less?). and about a thousand dollars or more difference in price. And maybe a hood on the receiver. The x73 and dynatraps are great values in the Ljutic lines. Still built like a tank, just less frills. If it is pretty cheap, buy it. If not look for an older mono. There are plenty out there. Check around online at gunbroker and the Indiana gun club and Jaquas for pricing. Or check right on here. Good luck, John

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The X73 has a 33-inch barrel. That about covers the important differences beyond being generally a good deal cheaper and providing the same performance. I paid something over a thousand for one, shot it until I wanted something "better." I'll bet it's still shooting fine for someone; it did for me.

As with any Ljutic, look for the "rings" in the far end of the barrel. If they are still prominent you can assume that the choke is "factory" and it will shoot well and straight, If the rings are gone, all bets are off and unless you can test it for POI it's better to wait for the next, untouched one.

Neil

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

The "between the hands" balance of the X73 is just a bit different than on a Mono as the Mono reciver is milled out and a bit lighter. The trigger is basically the same as mono and the X-73's came with plainer wood too (at least mine sure had a "fencepost" on it) but I restocked it in some very tasty marbled English walnut and it's pretty easy on the eyes now and still a joy to shot after 25 years.

5. bgf

bgf Active Member

I have had two X73s. According to Nadine at Ljutic the X73 was a "off the shelf" Mono with NO options available. This relates to cheaper. But, of course there are some difs as mentioned above...none of which devalue the gun's ability to break targets. I now own a Dynakic...Love it. BTW, the "73" stands for the year the gun was first produced...1973. Monos can be older then that.

Bernie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
difference between a lujtic dynatrap and a dynakic shot gun

ljutic x73