1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ljutic worth the trouble or not

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goose2, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

It's all about customer service isn't it Bill.

2. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

Ljutic is a very small company. Most of the people who have to handle customer inquiries also have other responsibilities and after the holidays, they can be backlogged with inquiries. I have been frustrated with this in the past and have allways been able to call Nadine or Jimmy and got the answer I looked for. They do good work and are the best to do what you need done. I would suggest giving them a call and mention that you have previously emailed them without a reply and just need an answer.

3. mt

mt Member

Nadine and Jimmy have always been incredibly helpful to me by phone. Give them a chance, give them a call. I think you'll be pleased.

4. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

What MT says. Call. You won't be disappointed.

HBT

5. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

Just call and talk to Nadine a 1 509 248-0476

You will be glad you did.

6. furface

furface Member

It would probably be to your advantage to buy a additional release trigger. Should be able to get one for $450-650, a lot less than the conversion and you can always sell it for close to what paid. Just something to think about. It is what I did with my TC. Good luck, Joe

7. Cooter

Cooter Member

Ditto,Call by phone[they are in Washington State]between 10 and 2,you should get Nadine,she's the best!

8. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

I recently bought an old Mono Gun (1974 model). I have had several phone conversations with the people at Ljutic, Nadine, Jimmie, and a third person whose name escapes me (Michael?). I wanted history info along with service estimates on my gun. I found all parties that I talked to to be very friendly, courteous, knowledgable, and eager to help. History on my old gun was not readily at hand so I was promised a call with the info. In less than an hour I received the call back with requested info.

I have owned four Ljutic Mono Guns over the last 35 yrs. Two of them were bought new directly from Ljutic. I have always been treated as a valued customer and friend. My only regret in having owned Ljutics is that I did not keep them when I stopped shooting 30yrs ago. These are some of the best built, most reliable long lived guns ever produced.

As to the resale value on used Ljutics I can only suggest this is the product of a less than aggressive marketing plan by Ljutic. Ljutic made it's claim to fame, in my opinion, during the 1970's. Many top shooters shot Ljutics with word of mouth and observation being the main sales tool. Now that the "old timers" have hung up their guns, a new more aggressive marketing tactic is needed to attract young shooters to the brand. How much advertizing do you see for Ljutic as opposed to P, K, CG, and other well known guns? Not much.
    Personally, this low resale has allowed me to obtain a truly superior gun at a very, very, reasonable price.

Your communication time line seems to encompass most of the Holiday period. Many small companies will close for this time around the Holidays. Agreed they should be back by now. I suggest you give Nadine or Jimmie a call. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. (509-248-0476)

Marc

9. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I find very responsible communication from Ljutic. Jimmy called me when two guns were ready for shipment after rebuilding; he also called with questions during the process. Nadine is very helpful and responsible. Maybe your communiction was misplaced etc. Always call back. Nice company, wonderful products.

10. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Phone calls are the way to go with Ljutic. They have always called me back within a couple hours. The last used Ljutic I bought from a private party, Nadine took the serial # and called me back within 30 minutes with every thing about the gun including date of manuf. ,dealer, type of wood, bore,owners, etc. Great records. They are an old fashion co. and that's what I like about them. Make A phone call. Remember they are on Pacific time zone. Glenn

11. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Nadine goes out of her way to give the customer satisfaction in regards to the Ljutic gun. Keep in mind something, you sent an email during the busy holidays. The Ljutics lost one of their sons about two years ago around Christmas time who was an important key to the business and Al is not as involved in the gun production much at all anymore.

The company has in infused with outside money and ownership and it takes time for workers to be found that have the craftsmanship necessary to turn out any fine high end gun.

You can buy a new or used trigger from Ljutic. The used ones are gone through and while lesser cost than new, are well worth what you pay for them. The pull trigger cannot be converted from pull to release and vice versa. The triggers are quite different it would cost too much to convert.

If you buy a used gun, advise Nadine the serial number and she will give you a history of the gun, when it was made, and original makeup when it left the factory. You won't be disappointed Ljutic service. As far as resale values on Ljutic being low, perhaps the reality is some other guns are overpriced both new and used. Ljutic is a high quality SBT made in the USA that can shoot on a level of a Perazzi or Kreighoff and in most cases outlast either of them in the long run. The purchase price of one is much lower than other high end SBT USA made Bowens, Coles, Afermanns, Kolars, etc. etc.

12. GR8Guns

GR8Guns TS Member

Bill,

No sense in me repeating what Rick Barker and others have said best.

Keep it simple...Call Nadine at Ljutic @ 509 248-0476.

Just my .02, the current sky rocket prices of European guns is largely driven by the devaluation of the US Dollar vs. the EURO.

I was stationed in Germany with the Army (Before the days of the Euro) at a time when the shoe was on the other foot for us Americans stationed there and the dollar was near record highs. As a matter of fact, President Reagan was in office at that time.

The value of the US dollar at time was great and presented many opportunities for us to purchase a new or used Perazzi or Kreighoff at unheard prices......timing can be everything by nothing more than just being at the right place at the right time.

Regards,

Bruce Elliott

Iowa

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

If you want info from Ljutic, call them. Don't waste your time with e-mails or letters.

14. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

ML

Price quoted to you for conversion is same price I paid for an additional trigger.

15. Tony Fortino

Tony Fortino Member

Call Mike Hugill at 1-509-930-0910

16. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Here's another way to go. Buy my like new Pro 3 Pull Trigger (Blue) for $500 and then sell your release. You should come out ahead. rjs452@verizon.net

17. lilbug

lilbug TS Member

Well for those of you that do not know the Ljutic history take a moment of your time and read about them. First of all they are great people all the way around. Hall of Famers Inventors and have had a huge loss as all of us have. But stop and think about what you say before you say it. This family is an Icon to the sport that is our passion and all of need to ban together to keep alive. I spoke to Nadine myself today and yes they are very busy in a time that alot of people are not. Thats my $0.02 all is well.
    Harvey Isom

18. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

I feel that I need to stand up for my friends at Ljutic. Nadine and Jimmy have always been VERY responsive in returning calls if they are not in at the time that I called. E-mails can get lost in cyberspace.

19. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Well, I see the originator has left the building.

Rick Barker,

How much is a Ljutic one touch? Or what ever the lowest priced adjustable ribed Ljutic is.

How much is a Kolar T/S?

Does the Ljutic offer different rib designs? Does Ljutic offer several different stock shapes as a no cost option?

While they are both made here in the USA, thank God, The Kolar has presented itself a better value.

ss

20. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

While Kolar and Ljutic are both wonderful guns.. the dynamics are vastly different.. Try them both.. and you be the judge.. Both give EXCELLENT service..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.