1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic Value: Wish to Know

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chango2, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I have a 34" Ljutic Monogun that has very few rounds through it since it was back at Ljutic last summer...maybe 500 rounds max. Pull trigger that is crisp and light; metal is satin electroless nickel. Gun allegedly has a 70/30 standard rib, cased in Americase, and has three choke tubes installed by Briley and they are Briley tubes. Gun has the hooded barrel and serial number is, as I recall, in 3200 range.

The wood is exquisite; it is AA at least Claro walnut. Buttstock has a softtouch.

I'm thinking of selling the gun OR hanging on to it if there is likely appreciation down the road. Any advice appreciated. Jimmy Ljutic, btw, mentioned to me "why does this gun have $3000.00 worth of wood?" I could only answer...well, somebody switched it out, I know who, and it was done for fit.

I also realize any item's "value" is not what it would cost to purchase new, but what people will purchase at a realistic price, i.e., a through a private party sale with an FFL dealer handling the paperwork.

Thanks,

David

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

You can buy a nice as new LJutic about anyplace for around $3,000.00 to$3,500.00 in that number range

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

softtouch is a disadvantage- you narrow the buyer market to about 5 percent == and it doesnt matter what grade of wood you had before you put that on

its about impossible to sell with that on

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Ever heard the quip... "Buck-three-eighty"?

5. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Baloney!! The "Soft Touch" in no way limits you to 5% of the market. Where do you come up with that crap GN7777777??

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rick I agree the Soft-Touch don,t hurt the sale but it don,t add anything to the price unless a buyer is looking for one . As for the wood I can,t remember buying a Trap gun without wood . So nice wood may sell the gun faster just not for more money .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.