1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic TRY Stock - NOW AUCTION FOR DAVID and TS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hoffman06, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Guys I am trying to find out if anyone has ever seen an adjustable comb stock like this and who the maker of this unusual old Ljutic stock is. Hope the pictures work for me, new to downloading pictures on this sight. Thanks for any help. Carey

2. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Well, im not getting it done can I send anyone these pictures for a little help in getting the shown.
    Carey

3. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

4. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Got one
    [​IMG]

5. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Well, guess no one has knows any more about this than I do. It looks to fit a DynaTrap so if you can use it make me an offer. I can email more pictures.
    Carey

6. 4130

4130 TS Member

Look's like a aftermarket Fajen X73 or monogun ljutic stock not a dynakic afrontal shot where it mates to reciever will illustrate this.

7. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Could be an aftermarket stock but I shoot a Mono and the front is very different, really looks like the cut on the old Dyna Trap that I used to shoot. The comb setup is what I have questions about, looks like a very over engineered piece of work but actually would work very well.
    Carey

8. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Well, I was high bidder on this stock on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ280800369157). The seller (presumably hoffman06), pulled the auction with a little less than 3 days remaining, thus canceling my bid. This is a very poor way to conduct business! I'm guessing he got a higher offer than my ebay bid, and decided to screw me over on the ebay auction.

I will also sometimes list items on here, shotgun world, and gunbroker simultaneously. However, as soon as a bid is rec'd on gunbroker, it has to be sold through there, and if I received a commitment outside of gunbroker, I will make sure that there are no current bids on gunbroker, and I close the auction before any bids are rec'd.

Doesn't really break my heart about the item, its the principle of the matter and it just illustrates dishonest business practices by the seller...

9. fatboy439

fatboy439 TS Member

shared info poster regarding this stock via e-mail.
    Perhaps he will share with all. Save me the labor.
    Jerry Finley stockmaker, ljutics since 1968

10. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Sorry for pulling the auction on Ebay but Jerry Finley emiled me with info on the stock and I decided not to sell it at this time, I may just keep it. Jerry informed me that this was a very early Ljutic Try Stock designed by Al and built by Jerry, said Al did the floral work himself with a Dremel. He was not sure even how it got away from the factory but I got it from a Parker collector that picked it up in a box of stocks. The new info explains the odd cut out on the right side. No I did not have any more offers, just new info and was not going to let any one buy this stock for the $10.00 bid. If I do decide to sell I will offer it here first. I have over 2000-100% feed back on EB and over 200-100% on GB so don't make a practice of screwing anyone.
    Carey

11. skeet_man

If you weren't willing to accept the opening bid (if it were in fact the high bid), then you should have either set the opening bid at the minimum that you were willing to accept, or put a reserve on the auction.

12. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Well Ian looks like the pissin match has started and im not playing, to old and I am going to bed, GOOD NIGHT.
    Carey

13. Idahobill

Idahobill Member

Message to skeet man I was also watching the stock on Ebay. If you thought that you were going to steel the stock for 10.00 I think you would have been supprised at how high I was willing to go.Bill

14. skeet_man

Be that as it may, I guess you can count yourself lucky that you hadn't bid before he pulled the auction. It still doesn't change Hoffman's tactics. And you had no idea how high I was willing to go either...

15. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Now boy's here we go again with the P matches. I have decided what I am going to do with this very nice old piece of Ljutic history. I will auction it off here on TS and all proceeds will go to David and Trapshooters.com to help keep this great sight going. This will run until this Sunday at 12:00 HIGH NOON Pacific Time 1/8/12. Heck I will even pay the shipping to the highrolling buyer so all will go to TS. I will take the liberty of giving Mr Smingler his Ebay bid back and start it off for $10.00. Now boys put your money where your mouth is and lets have some fun and help David out. Post your bids.
    Carey

16. Idahobill

Idahobill Member

I will raise the bid to 25.00 Bill

17. skeet_man

Fair enough. I calmed down and deleted my previous posts. In the words of my friend PerazziBigBore, "All Good"

I'll bid $50

18. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

A little more information on this stock from Jerry Finley, Ljutic stock maker and builder of this one. Jerry said that these were only made from 1969 to 71 and very few at that. They used an adjustable Morgan pad with spacers to get the correct lop for the customer to try. The stock is stamped on the receiver end T-7 123. Jerry is checking the records to see if he can find any more information on the stock and I will post any updates. Lets up the bid to help David with Trapshooter.Com.
    Carey

19. fatboy439

fatboy439 TS Member

Just looked at additonal pics showing inletting. Absolutely guarantee this
    to be a mono gun stock !! "T7" refers to #7 of a run of try-stocks. We changed
    the design after the first 10 or so. the new design was marketed to a few
    individual customers. Second series was also very limited production but I
    cant recall the number. most of my info is based on memory and talk between
    myself and Nadine. However, I do recognize my own work as well as my own
    children. Jerry Finley

20. Idahobill

Idahobill Member

I will raise the bid to $75.00 Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.