1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ljutic Trap Guns

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Blakester, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

Hey, I'm in the market for a Ljutic shotgun, Can someone tell me about the differant models and which one you like the best and why, Recoil is problem for me so keep that in mind..... Thanks; RICKY

2. 1881home

1881home TS Member

Ricky,

I think they are all good! I have favored the mono gun with a mid rib, myself, but they all shoot very well, are built like a tank, have very few parts to wear out, and have won a lot of championships in the right hands. If you point the target properly, with a Ljutic, it will break. Recoil should not be a problem as the weight of the gun absorbs most recoil. Good luck, you'll enjoy shooting one!

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Looking on the back cover of Shotgun Sports. There is a Ljutic advertisement and I also have a question or two on these guns.

What is the difference between the Ljutic Pro 3 at $8,495.00 (suggested retail price) and the Mono Adjustable Rib Ljutic at $7,495? (Suggested retail price)

And for you wise owls, I know it's a $1000.00 in price. I really want to would like to know what the difference's are in the guns.

Does not the Pro model have an adjustable rib?

Thanks!

Ricky, hope it's okay if I ask about these guns too. If not, I'll gladly delete my questions about them.

Hauxfan!

4. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

Yes, its fine you ask a question Hauxfan, that's how we learn. I shot a (ljutic centennial) yesterday at Indiana gun club sweetest shooting gun I have ever shot. Went to buy perazzi mx15 but had a change of mind. I could point that Ljutic just near that bird and it was dust,made me look like a pro. I'm just not one to jump in with both feet and hand out $6500.00 without doing my homework. Appreciate the feed-back; Ricky

5. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hauxfan, the new adj. rib Ljutic is a Mono Gun. with or without choke tubes and will shoot from 60% to 100% high. The Pro-3 is a gun Joe Ljutic designed from the LTX model. 700 rib with slanted rib pickets and Briley chokes. The receiver is also drilled to lighten the receiver. You can order the Pro-3 with fixed chokes if you want them. That is the beauty of the Ljutic family, they always will have the customer in mind. I have owned 5 and now own #28xx Mono Gun made in 1992. Absolutely the best fixed choke available for a trap gun, I believe, I have owned all the best, almost. The Pro-3 also comes with a custom slim forend that feels great. I owned 3 LTX's, and they feel great, particulary with the heavy-weight barrel in 34". The trigger on a Ljutic is second to none with virtually no maintenance other than lubrication. You can pick your barrel length, your rib height, your trigger , your stock, your wood, truly a custom trap gun throughout. Hope this helps, Roy

6. ramorton

Hauxfan, you can also get the Pro-3 with the new adjstable rib if you want it that way.

7. chipking

chipking TS Member

I have several older Ljutics and I really like the way they feel and handle. One of mine is an LTX Stainless with 33" slim profile barrel and it does kick harder than my Mono-gun TC or my Bi-gun because it weighs over a pound less. The actions on the LTX and I believe the Pro-3 are smaller and drilled to lighten them further than the standard Mono-gun. All are built to last for at least 3 lifetimes.
    --- Chip King ---

8. ramorton

Ricky, I have been trying to e-mail you with no success. Your e-mail is not receiving my message. If you are interested in a used Ljutic, please e-mail me for photos or call 361-649-7661. Thanks, Roy

9. biff

biff Active Member

Ricky, I also did what you did when I first shot my Centennial; didn't think I could miss with it when a guy who was wanting to sell it let me shoot it. I didn't buy it, but on the way home figured out that it was the gun I had been looking for--"THE GUN"-- called him up and have only shot that gun since I bought it 1 1/2 years ago. It's made me a better shooter than I really am! Biff

PS: Don't wait, just buy it!

10. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I like an LTX with a 33-34" bbl. I tend to like more lively,lighter guns. I feel it is easier to correct for a mistake in swing. I am also very recoil shy. I use a G2 stock & lite recoiling loads like Fed Extra-Lite. Tom Lobonc

11. plester73

plester73 TS Member

I shoot a PRO-3 with the new adjustable rib...the new rib can be ordered with either the mono or Pro-3 model, and I shoot it at 70/30, although it can be adjusted to almost any POI you want at the gun line.

I like the gun a lot...points fast (almost too fast!) and is plenty light enough for me. I cleaned the 3rd round I shot, and trust me when I say I'm not that good (but working on it). I convinced my wife that this is the last trap gun I'll every really NEED, and I'm convinced that it is. The company is good to work with, and you'll get the individualized attention that you deserve. I waited about 3.5 months on my gun and it was worth it. Honestly, I got a bit complacent after I bought it because it fit so well I got a bit lazy. I know that when I miss a target, it is ALWAYS me, not the gun. I figure I have another 6000-7000 rounds left before I'm really used to it. The lock time is very quick...the first target I shot and broke, I had to ask the guy next to me if I hit it because it fired so quick I never even really saw what happend after I pulled the trigger.

When you hit a target, it will absolutly vaporize it...no joke! Recommend you spring for the curved Inerta Release because it'll save your fingers. I sprang for most of the upgrades, such as armor coating the receiver, exibition wood, roll-over comb,adjustable comb, upgraded checkering, palm swell, fancy grip cap, etc. I've been meaning to post pictures since I got it in August, but I never get around to it. Still, people are stunned when they see the gun and look at the wood...really beautiful!

Overall, I'm pretty happy. Yeah, sure, it is a lot of money...and, no, they don't hold their value quite as well as a Kreighoff, but I'm satisfied with what I have. By the way, if you are military, make sure that you tell Nadine as much...it makes things a but easier on the wallet. Plus, with the way that the Euro is going, American-made guns are looking better and better. If Ljutics don't work for you, don't forget Dennis DeVault or Kolar.

Hope this helps!

Paul - Assistant Officer Rep for the United States Military Academy Skeet & Trap Team

12. Hauxfan

Thanks, guys, all that information is great.

I've always heard they were great guns. Just never owned one.

Hauxfan!

13. Dan S.

Dan S. TS Member

So, can anyone recommend a dealer closest to Southern Minnesota \ Northern Iowa that carries a good selection to try out? Or do I have to wait for the IOWA state shoot? And then who would I see?

14. pdq

pdq Member

Ricky:

I have a 34" mid-rim Mono that I've been meaning to post here FS. It's seen very little use (maybe 4 - 5,000 rounds), action still stiff, very well cared for. High serial number, bought new in 4/05. Has optional polished receiver sides and adjustable comb. Barrel has been tuned by Tom Wilkinson (barrel signed and I have the paperwork to authenticate) with POI at 70/30. Comes with a Premium Americase and 2 sets of factory spare parts kits.

If interested, let me know & I can send pics.

Pete

15. pdq

pdq Member

Ricky:

meant to give you my e-mail address in the last post -- you can contact me at peter_quinn@hotmail.com

Pete

16. Hauxfan

Utah and everyone, thanks for the info.

Being as how the Pro 3 and the LTX are built on a smaller frame and have some metal drilled to make them lighter, does that mean that they also recoil more because of the lighter weight?

Hauxfan!

17. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

I have a stainless steel dynokic that has been upgraded to the Centenial (later model of dynokic) Great gun, three choke tubes, Adjustable comb, 33" ported barrel with add-on/removable Keensights 1" rib. Asking $3,500 Pictures available, email at above address.

18. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

i have a ltd 2000 listed other place on this site. contact if interested motordoc joe1234@ameritech.net

19. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

What makes the Dynokic better for recoil, I read that in a ad for ljutic all are designed for something special, they even have a longshot (killer) model.
    Thanks for the great feedback guys, we could just keep it going ha ha .
    Thanks again ; Ricky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ljutic 183 stainless mono gun
ljutic mono gun vs bt-99
ljutic stanless steel pro 3 trap guns
ljutic trap gun reviews
ljutic trap guns

ljutic trap guns for sale

ljuticgun
lyjutic trap guns